New Sims 2 University Screenshots

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ManagerJosh, Nov 23, 2004.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

New Sims 2 University Screenshots

New Sims 2 University Screenshot...though interesting enough well, let's just say it is more of a "streaking party"

The other appears to be focused on graduation from Sims University.

Attached Files:

2. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

streaking is always fun....

3. Rowanstaff

Rowanstaff Kilted Freak!

Looking foreward to this

I am looking foreward to both the expansion and the patch. :D

4. FinalFantasy4ever

FinalFantasy4ever Oh where in the world...

my sims liked streaking in the original sims too lol

5. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

I point out that these screenshots are almost surely entirely doctored and fake. There's no user interface displayed, so, like many of the original TS2 "screenshots", they're likely staged using an artful combination of objects and skins to depict things which do not, in fact, actually occur. Keep in mind if you believed what you saw in TS2 screenshots, you could follow your Sims to the office. Of course, we now know this was entirely staged using one of the career awards and a choice of room decorations.

Similarly, some of you may recall the scene with the girl throwing her top off. This was ENTIRELY fake, as it can't be staged in the game, PERIOD. And let's not forget the ceiling fans. Not only is it impossible to swing from a ceiling fan, there aren't any ceiling fans in the game at all.

So don't believe the propaganda shots, they tell you nothing.

6. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Um one word. TAB :p

Looks like you're talking about the official trailer movie. This was clearly meant to be a taster. I wondered numerous times about the various child antics, sliding down stair bannisters and climbing up drapes etc and decided that they were just artistic license. Once we started seeing screenshots it was obvious that the 'trailer' was more animation than actual game-development material. Geez :silly:

I believe very few sources, Codlips and as a source you're well on the way to deepest dodginess. Congratulations! You get a baccala ureate :coolnessl:

7. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

You could do that, but why would you intentionally conceal the UI unless the UI would reveal the fact that your shot was fake, given that the PRESENCE of the UI would strongly indicate that it was genuine? Maxis does this all the time: Create fake screenshots, then get rid of the incriminating UI contradiction.

The fact remains that just because there are screenshots of something, does not mean that such a thing can occur in the actual game.

8. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

If you hit F10 in your game, you can hide the navigation :)

9. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

LOL. They never said that initial trailer was in game play. Shoot, at the time the trailer was made, the game wasn't far enough along. That was the trailer which was shown at the E3 conference when TS2 was *first* announced. It was definitely an "art" piece, not ingame and they never pretended otherwise.

There have been several "artist's concept" things, but from what I could tell, they always were pretty obvious.

There have been some things that they tried to put in the game that we do have in game shots of. However, if they didn't work the way they wanted them to, Maxis removed them. (But I suspect the current crop is not going to have that sort of problem.)

10. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Well, I think that a lot of the things we saw in the early stages were ideas that they wanted to put into the game, or tried to put into the game and then took out later while they were "refining" it. That doesn't mean they were purposefully lying to the public. Besides, the whole thing is just a big marketing tool. I don't think I have ever seen a game come out with as much hype and buildup as Sims 2.

11. los_angeles_grl

los_angeles_grl New Member

Well, the graduation party one is real. Its posted on Official The Sims 2 Website, were they are announceing the university expnasion.