Couple of bugs, and a quick question?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Melara, Nov 27, 2004.

1. Melara

Melara New Member

Couple of bugs, and a quick question?

I've had a couple of funny bugs and want to know if anyone else has experienced the same. The first one, my sim mother Evadne was serving food, but when she got around the table, she suddenly complained about a chair being in the way (it wasn't) and the tray disappeared from her hand. She then went about her normal routine but her arm was stuck in the 'serving' position as if she had a tray there. She did everything one handed and even slept with her arm cocked. I don't remember exactly how I fixed it, I think I put her in the shower or a bubble bath, and it went back to normal.

The second bug has to do with building. I went and put a flat roof on a house I'd built to see how it looked, but after I did so, it was stuck on a flat roof and wouldn't let me choose any other roofing options ever again on that house. And no, the little roof type lock was unlocked. Then, on building another house, I suddenly got a floating bit of floor hovering behind the house. It floats off to one side like it belongs to the second floor, and nothing I tried will delete it. I finally just built a little wall on it and a roof, and made it my 'floating tower'. Any ideas what caused this and how to clear it up?

My last question is this. I know that if you have families moved into the neighborhood, they can show up at the door of your active house, or in the community lots even if you're playing another family. However I had just created a new family and had them in the family bin, not even moved in, and my teenage boy from my main family came home from school one day with a 'friend'...who turned out to be the teenage girl from my newly built family! I didn't know they were available for any interactions until they were moved in? Apparently they are, or else I just had a really weird burp in the system.

Oddly enough, though, the teenage boy fell in love with her and they had their first kiss, and plan to get married as soon as they're both old enough to move out! And yes, she is now moved in with her family into the neighborhood. :D

2. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

While Sims are now able to squeeze through cracks better than they could in TS1, this ability is often greatly impeded when they're carrying things, and the tray then disappeared because she had nowhere to drop it, so it disintegrated on impact.

Stuck arms is a known issue. They'll probably fix it in the expansion pack, if ever.

Choosing "flat roof" actually just lays floor tiles across the top of your house, as if you had done it manually. Once this has happened, there's no longer an "exposed top", so pressing the roofing options will do nothing until you delete the floor tiles. This is also why the flat roof costs money, while all the other roofing options are free. You may still attempt to lay roof manually using the other roofing tools, but auto-roof will not attempt to cover your new "floor".

Eh, it happens.

3. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

the floating floor may be just because you have floor tiles there.

4. Melara

Melara New Member

Thanks Pescado! That flat roof thing was really ticking me off. :)

That's just the thing, though. I don't put any tiles there to begin with. For example, I built a two story house, then went back to the bottom floor to put down flooring. I selected a tile type and lay it down, and when I was done, in the back yard about six tiles away from the main house and on the level with the second floor's carpeting, was a floating tile similar to the tile I'd just laid down. I couldn't have laid it accidentally because my mouse didn't go anywhere near there, and it lay it on a level above where I was laying my tiles. Also, trying to delete it like deleting flooring in the normal part of the house doesn't work. It just beeps at me. However it will take walls and I can build on it as if it were an actual part of the house...hence, my magical floating tower.

5. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

I had the same roof problem when I started making my trailers. It looks like the perfect roof for a trailer, except you can't customize the colors. :mad: I found the "remove roof" tool works for me.

As to your "arm stuck" bug, are you playing in regular speed, fast speed, or ultra speed. I notice more "ticks" and problems when I run the game in the faster 2 speeds. (boy, I wish someone had a "speed-up" button for real life, sometimes! I have no patience! LOL)

6. Melara

Melara New Member

I usually play at normal speeds...but thanks, you just reminded me of another problem I'm having. Lately when the game automatically kicks into high speed (like when everyone's asleep), it'll run normally at high for a moment or two, then suddenly the clock will slow down to normal speed, but the action will remain at high? So the clock's ticking away normally and they're still snoozing like they're on crack, or whizzing around the house...anyone else had this?