Troubleshooting Now I need some SERIOUS help. Comp wont load unless in Safe Mode!!!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by micahdepeche, Nov 27, 2004.

1. micahdepeche

micahdepeche New Member

Now I need some SERIOUS help. Comp wont load unless in Safe Mode!!!

All I did was run disk clean up, disk defrag and then restart my computer and now it wont start windows normally. I will turn on, the Gateway screen will come up ( I have a gateway laptop) and it makes these weird little noises like it wants to beep or kind of like static sound but it only lasts for about a half of second, it does that 4 times, and then the screen goes black, the green hard disk light goes on, the cd rom drive light goes on a little and the same light goes on a little, then all the lock lights go on together, then it just restarts all by itself and a screen comes up asking if i want to start in safe mode, gives 3 different safe mode optios, or last config that worked (which I tried and didnt help at all), or just to start up normally. NOW....the worst part of this is that I have the system restore thing turned off ( i learned my lesson about that now!) Can anyone help me???

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

is the sound a clicking sound?

3. micahdepeche

micahdepeche New Member

yes....now that you say that, thats what it is. Clicking sounds.

4. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

A clicking sound like that usually is the sound of your hard drive crapping itself, if it seems to be emanating from your hard drive....

This is very, very bad.

5. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Call Gateway Support (800-369-1409) up, and tell them your harddrive is dying. Hopefully they will agree to have it fixed.

If not, you might need to buy a new one and replace it yourself.