child ALERT!!!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by chriz101, Nov 28, 2004.

1. chriz101

chriz101 New Member

child ALERT!!!

ok im in serious troiuble here .i was about to send my child sim off to skool wh en she missed the bus.but shortly after a blue car pulled up and immedatly she jumped in and hours l8r (sims time) her icon and gone from the list
    does any1 no wat could of happened .thanx:confused: :confused: :confused:

2. los_angeles_grl

los_angeles_grl New Member

Well if the child had bad grades, like D- or F, then it was probably the adoption service. They take the child away when grades fail.

If that child was important to you, you could get her back, but not with the original family. In another lot, you can hve the adults adopt a child. Most likely it will be the child that was taken away. But I have ran into a problem with this. I adopted on the weekend, got that child, but within a few hours the child was taken away because of bad grades.

Once a family has a child taken away they can no longer adopt. So now in one neighborhood I am unable to adopt. Kinda buggy I think. Maybe theres a way around.

3. chriz101

chriz101 New Member

well thats kinda bad. o well :disappointed: :disappointed: :disappointed:

4. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

I save frequently after a good event or a change so that if something happens, like social services takes away my kids, I can reload without saving and concentrate on making sure she catches the bus.

You should have recieved several warnings that the social worker was coming if your child's grades didn't improve, right?

I read in the Prima Guide that the social worker shows up the second day the child has an F in school.

5. dresdendolls

dresdendolls New Member

what about teenagers? what happens to them if they get an F?

6. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

Nothing. Teens are immune to the SS.

7. chriz101

chriz101 New Member

well actually it wasn't me playin at the time.it was me 7 year old sis so she pribaly had no idea about all the grades and warnings

8. mangrovejane

mangrovejane New Member

I recently had a similar problem although mine was more to do with the bus not showing up at all. Then the parents work cars didn't show up to take them to work either and the child ended up being taken away and the parents lost their jobs so I reloaded the game but the same thing happened at the same times. I then had to move them on from their original house into a new one which fixed the problem for awhile. It was really crappy to move them on as all the career rewards went as well as the paintings the artist wife had accumulated :(