A Strange Experience With a Ghost

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Kristalrose, Dec 13, 2004.

1. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

A Strange Experience With a Ghost

I have noticed recently that my "haunting" behaviors has trippled. I'm guessing it's something the patch has brought to us? Anyway, one of the ghosts became "stuck", similar to what we were discussing in another thread. I had noticed him floating around the house, but didn't pay any attention to where his exact whereabouts were when I saved and exited the game. When I came back the next day, he was stuck sitting under a desk in a child's room. He had his knees pulled up to his chest, just sitting there. When someone would walk into the room he would look their way and even nod a greeting. Except for that, he didn't move, and because he's a ghost, I couldn't control him. I finally used the "move_objects on" cheat to move him out from under the desk after he'd sat there for an entire day. I put him on his grave, thinking he'd disapear or something. Nope. He just sat there in that exact position for the remaining playing time. After I exited the game and rebooted it, he's been behaving normally.

I think what happened was that the ghost had been haunting the desk chair when I had 1st saved and exited the game, and then became "stuck" The matter cleared itself up and caused no on-going effects. It was just an oddity that I thought I would share. :)

2. Zootyzoot

Zootyzoot Keeper of Broken FeltTips

That sounds incredibly cool. I would love to have a ghost under one of the desks in one of my houses. I haven't had ghosts yet because I can only play the game in short bursts - I use my boyfriend's laptop because it wouldn't work on my computer.

3. fuzzy_ferret_luver

fuzzy_ferret_luver New Member

how do you get ghosts? do you have people die on your lot and bury them there? i've never seen a ghost b4!

4. mangrovejane

mangrovejane New Member

The ghosts are cool for awhile but after they have interupted sleep for too many nights in a row, they get a bit annoying. It sounds way cool to have a ghost cowering under the desk not scaring anybody though...sort of like a skeleton in the closet but in your case...a ghost under the desk. :D
    "how do you get ghosts? do you have people die on your lot and bury them there? i've never seen a ghost b4" (fuzzy ferret lover) When your sims die in any manner they get an urn if they are inside or a gravestone if they are outside. the ghosts will automatically come out at night. Some of the custom houses and families already have them. The colour of the ghost represents the way in which they died. Beware though...they can also kill your sims if their needs are already low when the ghosts scare them. If you have a check of some past posts there is a full explanation of ghosts and their colours and what they mean too..I can't remember the name though. Will edit this when I find it again :happy:

Ummm..on second thoughts after searching, type "ghosts" into the search bar up top - there's heaps of stuff Good luck ghosting!

5. While on the subject of ghosts (and I have searched but couldn't spot this), can they now climb stairs? I seem to remember in SIms 1 that if you put the urn on the ground floor the ghost only haunted that floor and so people sleeping upstairs could sleep peacefully (or rest in peace lol).

I've had 2 people die on a lot but haven't seen them as ghosts yet.

6. Daizee

Daizee New Member

yes they can climb stairs now. So you are not even safe upstairs:eek:

7. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

I've seen them "jump" from floor-to-floor and also float up the stairs.

8. ringleesim

ringleesim Computer Overlord

I've seen ghosts before but have never seen them go up the stairs so I wouldn't know.

9. mmr92

mmr92 New Member

lol. I wish I could have seen that :D

10. Shintoga

Shintoga Student of Simlish

11. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Why did you reply to a thread that's over a year old?

12. Shintoga

Shintoga Student of Simlish

cos I didn't see the date on it - just assumed it was new as I hadn't seen it before.