Body Shop Underwear Qeustion

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by SimsCrazyGuy, Dec 18, 2004.

1. SimsCrazyGuy

SimsCrazyGuy New Member

Body Shop Underwear Qeustion

Okay, maybe I am stupid, but I thought it would be cute to make my sims son wear like spiderman underoos. Why the heck is it that when you make the underwear skins for a child boy, he still has the t-shirt and boxer shorts outline? Is it even possible to get rid of it if you want him to wear spiderman briefs. Why is it only like this for a child boy?

Second question, how can I change the clothing profiles in the game of my child when he/she becomes a teenager? Sometimes I don't like the clothes the game picks out?

Someone help please......

:confused: :confused:

Thank you,

Blaize

2. Daizee

Daizee New Member

ok, I don't know about the underwear, but I do think it would be cute:)

As for the teenagers clothes you have to go to a community lot that has a clothes rack and buy them new clothes. The when you get back (make sure you have a dresser or wardrobe) have the teen go to the dresser and pick "plan outfit". You can plan the different outfits (daily, sleepwear, formal, etc.)

Hope this helps:p

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I agree that it is a nuisance that the community of modders has yet to figure out meshing. For the time being we are utterly stuck with the Maxis made meshes. I have to admit that I too get a bit tetchy with the rather annoyingly limited range of choices open to us. Hopefully there will a lot more meshes in the EP ... :D

4. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

The meshes can't be changed and so anything that is not formfitting will have "flesh" tones where you don't have clothes on that mesh.

However, there are some underoos types of boy drawers on some of the fansites. I suspect that they used one of the meshes that is skin tight (so that the mesh doesn't show up).

So, look for some skin tight boy outfits and make your spiderman underoos off of that mesh. Or get permission to change the design on the custom content underoos.

If you have prebought their clothes from the community lot, they will show up in one of the outfits you have chosen when they do their twirl&change routine.

I usually end up buying a whole wardrobe of clothes for all ages/genders when I can, as I too don't care for the Maxis choices.

I just wish that we had some control over the maternity clothes. My poor red haired, green eyed lady just got stuck in the pink PJs and a pink day outfit. Ugh. (It does seem that post patch we've had some better maternity clothes, but I'd still like to be able to choose my own.)

But at least post patch we've been able to change the toddlers clothing choices! (While I could have waited for an EP to fix that changing table, I'm grateful that they put it into the patch.)

5. SimsCrazyGuy

SimsCrazyGuy New Member

Would anyone have any idea where to find these sites. If I could alter the mesh or just have a sample mesh I would be okay. :)

6. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

I suggest looking through all the little boy clothes to see which mesh has the least amount of clothes. Probably the swimsuit ones would be most appropriate. Since we can't alter the meshes, the people making these underpants for boys must have used one of the already available meshes. (Swimsuit, undies and PJs would be the best bets.)