No Girls?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Londresfleur, Dec 19, 2004.

1. Londresfleur

Londresfleur New Member

No Girls?

Maybe it really is just random, but between 3 families, 6 babies have been born. All of them have been boys. Is this just a coincidence, or is there something special required in order to have a girl? :confused:

2. Melara

Melara New Member

Oddly enough, all my newborns so far have all been girls, and no boys. Guess its just the luck of the draw?

3. mangrovejane

mangrovejane New Member

I haven't personally had a problem with this but I have heard of many people that have. I am not sure if it is a glitch or not. Sorry to be of no help ;)

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I doubt that it is a glitch. The outcome of the birth is a random choice made by the program. I've got at least on family that has 4 or 5 children of one gender.

5. Rowanstaff

Rowanstaff Kilted Freak!

Irl

My uncle who wanted a boy: 5 kids, all girls.

My friend who wanted a boy: 3 kids, all girls.

Myself, 3 boys.

Video game art imitates life. Or visa versa.

6. Zootyzoot

Zootyzoot Keeper of Broken FeltTips

If you are unhappy about the gender of your kiddywinks, in the immortal words of the Pescado,
    :)

7. Zootyzoot

Oh! I just spotted a vaguity - Mr. Pescado, what do you mean by 'shortly'?

8. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

My "sperm donor sim" has 7 children. 6 are daughters. The only one who is a boy was one that was concieved while he was visiting with the girlfriend. (In other words, I was playing her, not him.) All the others have been concieved while I was playing him.

It doesn't always happen, and I agree with JMP that it random, but I have noticed that, for me, it adds to the odds of a having a certain gender if you have the parent of that gender be the one to "Try for Baby". I tested this theory with one of my families. I was playing Eve when they concieved daughters Sarah and Rachel. Then, I switched over and played husband Remington when little Noah was concieved. Like I said, it could be a coincidence, but it has helped "push" the odds for my sims.

Now if it only worked IRL. . . my Aiden Bryce(who, don't get me wrong, I love dearly) would be my Annabeth. ;)

9. Zootyzoot

As in the maid?

10. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

I mean "shortly", as in, there's a brief moment BEFORE the baby physically appears on the screen, but has already been generated by the game. If you save AFTER that mark, it's too late, and you'll keep getting the same one every time. So don't accidentally fast-forward too much and be sure to hit save right as she goes into labor.

11. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

That's him. :)

12. Londresfleur

Londresfleur New Member

Thanks for all the input! I guess I'll just keep trying until i finally get a little girl!

-Londres:eek:

13. Londresfleur

Londresfleur New Member

Grrrrrr!!! Boy #7 was just born! I guess Colin, Henry, Dominic, Lennon, Julian, T.J. and William will all just have to wait for a girl to come along!! :mad:
    Is it maybe a glitch? I have no idea. It's just frustrating.

-Londres:eek: