Sim Sexualities

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Zootyzoot, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Zootyzoot

Zootyzoot Keeper of Broken FeltTips

Sim Sexualities

In your experience, do Sims have sexual preferences? As far as I'm aware, all my Sims are completely bi. How much evidence is there to suggest some Sims lean towards being straight or gay rather than being indescriminately bi? And what do you think affects this - is it nature, nurture, or both?

2. Rowanstaff

Rowanstaff Kilted Freak!

No clue

I have no idea. it seems their preference is whatever you as the player push them into. A Sim male with Romance aspiration I made was perfectly happy being best friends with 4 different Sims, 2 female, 2 male. I hoped he would bring up an aspiration one way or the other (like wanting to kiss, make out or woohoo an individual or two individuals of the same gender). Unfortunately all he wanted was "Woohoo", "Public Woohoo", "Make Out", or "Love", not a psecific person or gender. I had to choose for him (hetro).

3. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

i think it just depends on the compatibility, like with signs and stuff. i had a cancer sim who was married to another cancer sim, and she met a leo female neighbor. within a few minutes of simple interactions(all with free will) like chatting, admiring, and joking, their life relationships were up to 20! so, yeah, it all depends on sign compatibility.

4. Toast

Toast Rebmem Drawkcab

To me, it definitely seems that all sims have no particular sexual preference. Each sim's sexual "preference" is cotrolled solely by you, the player. Sims are genuinely bi. They will romantically interact the same with sims of either gender, but the interactions are initiated only with your guidance. They won't start to want any romantic interations with another sim until you cross that first line and "flirt" with them. No sim of the same gender will reject your sim's advances as long as your friendship levels are at appropriate levels. A good example would be: if your male sim has only "Woohooed" with many many different female sims, he will still have no problem if you decide to make him flirt it up with another male sim.

5. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Without a hack, the Sims are undetermined and will lean toward whatever their experience tells them.

However, there is a hack which some people have gotten (which they didn't want) that switches all the heteros to homosexuals. (However, I don't know if the same hack also switches the homosexuals to heteros.)

People may not be aware of how they mold their Sims to be one or the other style (or bi). However, according to the programmers, it's definitely nurture.

6. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Yes, I agree that the sims we create and play are bi. But, I'm wondering about the Maxis-created Sims. I swear that Komei will not participate in any romantic interaction with any female sim I've tried to hook him up with. I think that maybe the programers through that in as one of their little "surprises.":cool:

7. KatAnubis

It's possible, although in my game I"ve had Komei do the "admire" bit on one of my Sims. Of course, that may not be related to sexuality.

But thanks to the Cemetary family and JMP, I no longer have any of the townies. (Obviously *I'm* not doing the Legacy Challenge.)

8. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

LOL @ Kat and her cemetary. I know of a few of those Townies that need to go there. That little red-headed girl, Margaret, and that Teenager Ricky would be the 1st two I'd kill off! Just like JMP says, they clutter up your sims wants. You sims meet them once and want to call them, want to be friends with them, but darn it, I don't want to!! LOL

Back to the subject:
    Komei started out with admiring my Sim Will, then hopped in the hottub with him and they had a good conversation, and Komei started splashing him. The 1st interaction from Komei when they got out of the hot tub was to flirt. This was their 1st meeting, mind you. Will had brought Komei home from work with him.

9. Zootyzoot

The worst townies for me have been Marsha and Sophie. Marsha for creepy stalkerishness - she is still phoning this ELDER Sim who brought her home from school once and never spoke to her again - and Sophie for appaling dress sense. I almost want to get her to move in with someone so I can change her outfit.

10. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Sim PE allows you to alter the degree to which a sim is 'attracted' to males and females.

11. Zootyzoot

But without altering, is the degree exactly equal for both, do you know?

12. zoxysim

zoxysim New Member

well the sims to me is what ever you want them to be its not the fact if there bi,gay or straight it is what you have in mind for ur sims. do ya'll feel me here?!

representin Puerto Rico,Queens NY, Newark, Port City

13. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I agree with you zoxysim.

Zooty. I have found that they are all set neutral in preference with a very slight leaning toward the opposite gender

14. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Did you check Komei on Sims PE, Mirelly? Could you give me his stats? (I want to use him as a breeder in my Legacy challenge! ;) )

15. Zootyzoot

Thanks Mirelly, you have answered my question to a T.

16. KatAnubis

Townies always call. And without Townies, other children and adults take their place making these "can so-and-so come to the phone" which usually occur right after they've gone to bed or settled down for the night. The ones that get me are the kids who are "calling" while they should be at school. ;)

17. KatAnubis

However, you have to be careful with the "cemetary" or even the Cemetary family can't stand their home. (All the drippy ghosts make the lot an environmental disaster!)

18. Nicx

Nicx New Member

if you use the developers cheat you can view whether a sim prefers males, females or both (i have a pic somewhere)

[​IMG]

19. Zootyzoot

What is the developer's cheat?

20. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Are you talking about the "Debug" cheat? I've read so much about it, but never had the guts to use it. (I love my Sims too much to do something that might hurt them. LOL)