Don't know if already asked

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Today, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Today

Today New Member

Don't know if already asked

And it's probably the dumbest question you'll hear for the rest of the year.. but where do I unzip skins I've downloaded? Is it TSData : Res : Sims3D ? If that's right, sorry for the waist of time.

2. MusicAddict

MusicAddict New Member

For the sims 2 skins? What kind of comp do u have? You should be able to unzip them by going into: my documents/ea games/the sims 2/downloads. That's where all mine go. Make sure the skins are taken out of their folders, or they won't show up.

3. MusicAddict

MusicAddict New Member

And it's not that stupid of a question, ha ha. I was confused too at first. :D

4. Today

Today New Member

I don't put them in any folder? I have an Emachine.. They all go to the downloads file under TS2.. I just unzip them in that file and leave them there?

5. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Definitely not a stupid question. It's one of the most commonly asked ones.

You unzip them to (user specific) My Documents\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\downloads.

However, not all the files are done that way. That's only for .package files. For .sims2pack and .sims2skins you put them in a file off the EA Games spot and then double click on the icon, as they are self installing.

If you don't have a downloads file yet, if you launch Body Shop it will create one for you. You launch Body Shop by going to Start, clicking on Programs or All Programs, then EA GAMES, then The Sims 2, which takes you to a list which includes The Sims 2 Body Shop. Double click on that and then go away for a while. (It can take a while for it to come up the first time, although it's usually longer when you have a big downloads file.)