Can you top this disastreous Headmaster visit

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Angelyne, Dec 31, 2004.

1. Angelyne

Angelyne New Member

Can you top this disastreous Headmaster visit

After twice being snubbed by the headmaster, who refused to even step foot in the house, I decided to make a special effort. I toured the house and made sure everything was in order. I added flowers and shrubs to the outside and made sure there were no weeds.

Inside I decorated the hallway so that it would make a good first impression. I checked my sims schedule to make sure someone with top cooking skill would be on hand to cook the headmaster a meal he would appreciate. All was in place. I called him, way past 5h00, expecting him to show up the next day. What does he do but show up immediately at the house. What followed was a mad scrabble. I launched one of my sims at him, trying to keep him entertained, while whipping my desperately tired cook into making some grub, only to find that the fridge was empty. So I placed an emergency order for food and sent my teen to wait for the delivery. Of course she didn't and no one picked up the delivery so I had to hunt the grounds around the house trying to find the basket. Meanwhile, I discovered my sim had actually produced ONE serving of some tasty lobster termidor, which unfortunately was being slurped up by one of those uninvited guests that's always hanging around. ****. So I have one of the teens run to get the food basket, which I had finally located and set my cook to prepare more food. However he was so tired he decided to go to bed with the food still in the oven so a fire started out. My sim has a fear of fire, so he turned into a basket case and the headmaster left, having finally had enough.

Oh man, what a disaster :rolleyes:

2. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

LOL I wish you had recorded and uploaded it all, that would have been a hilarious movie! :)

3. Angelyne

Angelyne New Member

No kidding lol, however there was so much lag to begin with, I think adding a movie would have ground my pc to a halt.

Actually as an addendum to this story, I discovered later, the fire was caused by another sims, probably one of my teens. They can't cook to save their lives. I discovered the remaints of some carbonized pork chops in the oven. I hadn't noticed because I was trying to kick my cook outta bed so he could finish he had started cooking.

I've tried twice more to get my kids admitted to private school, but once the headmaster was a no show and the second, he got so enchanted by the hot tub he wouldn't come to eat the beautiful meal my cook had slaved over for him. Finally out of desperation I removed him from the hot tub with the moveobject, but I only got half of him lol. I put him down and he disappeared. LOL. The luck I am having!

4. zootyfreak

zootyfreak Git r done

the headmaster is easy...he likes tours and likes a woman flirting with him...lol

5. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

LOL Best of luck getting your kids into private school :)

6. Angelyne

Angelyne New Member

Just keep him away from Hot Tubs lol, or he'll forget that he's not there to soak and flirt with women :)

7. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

You poor thing. I usually have my Sims cook pork chops and schmooze. We rarely have to do more than one room of the tour to go over the top and the last time he didn't even get past the meal. The premeal schmooze was over 50 points and he gave 47 for the meal. So, that was that. (And the cook only had 7 points, so it's not that it was a gourmet meal, just one competently done.)

However, I have learned to make sure to check the fridge *before* I call the headmaster.

And I've learned that the headmaster doesn't take offense if you "shoo" him out of places like the hot tub, TV watching, pinball playing, playing chess or the like.

And if things go too badly then I just exit without saving. ;)

8. mangrovejane

mangrovejane New Member

ROFLMAO
    THese posts make my headmaster woes bearable. I didn't realise about the shooing thing Katanubis so ta for the advice
    :D

9. Zootyzoot

Zootyzoot Keeper of Broken FeltTips

Once the headmaster went straight upstairs after being greeted and played chess until the end of his visit. I tried interacting with him but my Sims just stood there for a while next to him and then walked off. There was lobster thermidor waiting for him downstairs but he didn't seem to care, he was so involved in the game. Everyone had gone to bed before he got up from the chess table and left :(.

10. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

I usually do pretty well with the Headmaster. I have one sim with high cooking points cook, and have the other sim, one with higher charisma points/more outgoing/whatever go schmoze him and give him the tour. One liked my female sim so much they eventually fell in love!

However, last night I had an experience very similar to yours. :( I had one sim call the headmaster. I forgot that she had just been promoted and now had an evening-shift job, so she'd be leaving about the time the headmaster showed up. The sim who's a good cook came home exhausted and fell asleep on his feet in the yard. The two girls I was trying to get into private school both had low fun meters and just wanted to play on the computer and jump on the bed. About that time the headmaster shows up. I wake up the cook and have him fix dinner, but the fridge is empty! I ask the little girl sim to talk to the headmaster, but for some reason that doesn't go well and all they have are negative interactions. Then the teenager starts talking to him and things are better. Before the groceries can be delivered, the cooking sim (big brother to the girls) goes to bed!! I wake him up, and now he has to pee, and he's uncomfortable, and he's jumping up and down and being a jerk and won't cook!! Buy this time, the headmaster's wanting a tour, and the teenaged girl has wandered back to the computer. The little girl is in the pool, and she's really no help, anyway. I got frustrated and quit without saving. Maybe I'll try again later on. Or maybe I'll just let the girls suffer away in Public School like the rest of the normal sims! LOL LOL

11. mmr92

mmr92 New Member

Hmmm. Nothing that bad happened in my game yet, but I've only had the headmaster over once because I just got the game, but they were out of food and I had to call for sime more and my sim wouldn't take the delivery and they all went to bed with the headmaster still waiting for his meal.

12. eastbay

eastbay New Member

headmaster nightmare

Well i had the same problems as everyone but in my case i had set up the house hold with 6 women and one guy so i put the women in attack mode crack me up
    i think they took turns beating the poor guy up ..lol i am working on that movie
    thing next !:bunny:

13. Angelyne

Angelyne New Member

Well, I finally my kids into private school. The headmaster said he was impressed with my kids, but I think that was a lie, he was so enchanted by my pretty just-turned-adult middle daughter that he didn't even ask for a tour and didn't complained about the burned turkey. I still got a score of 91.

Right after the meal he jumped into the hot tub and didn't move. He left when everyone was getting up the next day.

By the way, what the heck did you mean by attack mode? I've actually never seen my sims being agressive except for a few slaps.

14. Zootyzoot

Zootyzoot Keeper of Broken FeltTips

When Sims hate each other, like when one of them has stolen the other's wo/man, they actually attack each other, cartoon-style in a whirling ball of flying fists and feet.

Wow. I wonder if the Headmaster being schmoozed/flirted with by a grown-up child gives bonus scores?