Does anybody else...

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by lavinder, Jan 4, 2005.

1. lavinder

lavinder New Member

Does anybody else...

Feel like they are doing the same thing everyday on sims ... i dont seem to ever do anything intresting because Get them all in the green then its night time and thier energy is yellow ...

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Any game is gonna tend to be a bit repetitive. TS2's principle selling points are vested more in its storytelling strengths than in its variety of gameplaying strategies. Besides ... I never let them sleep, eat or use the toilet until their need is approaching desperation and then I aim to make sure that each activity fills at least two needs at once

3. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

That's why I play more on the relationship and skill-building style. I can keep them in the green with no problem. It's more fun to try to keep them green and max out their skills, and hook them up with someone. I love romance sims, because they want to be hooked up with many sims at once, and that's a challenge. I haven't hit 10 yet. One of these days, I'm gonna reach that goal. ;)

4. Zootyzoot

Zootyzoot Keeper of Broken FeltTips

Like Kristal said, a central part of the game is the integration of the neighbourhood. Making friends and enemies, having affairs with seven different people at once, and having children scattered all over the neighbourhood are all very rewarding. Something I've found keeps things varied is moving your Sims around. So if your Sim wife is having an affair with her mother-in-law's nephew, why not move her out to live and have children with him for a while, leaving her husband free to get the gardener to move in and make babies with her? Also, if you have ageing off, I'd strongly advise you to turn it on. Oh, and never send your Sims to bed till the last mintue. Keeping moods constantly green is overrated. You can use the Energiser aspiration reward for that, if you really need to (make sure your Sim is in gold asp mode, though, or they all turn red instead (which is sort of fun in itself)).

5. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Something else that Zooty said is totally true: Turn Aging on! Don't use the Elixir of Life! Save those aspiration points for the love tub and the energizer-thing, because those are the only two reward objects that are really worth anything (unless your sim is unemployed and needs a garden of money trees, or is a family sim working on the 10-baby aspiration and needs the smart milk to speed up skill-learning.) If you are able to keep your sim in the green and fulfill a good bit of their wants, they will be happy and live a long, long time anyway.

6. lavinder

lavinder New Member

yay thanks for th help ... I am currently makinng alien population rise .. sory if im typing crap its becuse i just got fake nails from merryhil