Run Away

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by kato, Jan 4, 2005.

1. kato

kato New Member

Run Away

I was playing the broke family, and i saw that dustin had a fear of 'RUNNING AWAY' with a picture of the stick with the little sack on it. I was very curious of this and i wanted to know how you run away, if it is possible. :eek:

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Ooh I haven't seen that one, either. I never played the Broke family ... is Dustin a teen?

3. GrindLine33

GrindLine33 New Member

If a teen's relationship with everyone in his family drops below a certain point he'll run away. If he does run away and you have someone call the police and report it there's a chance he could be returned and you get like another day or so to try and improve his relationships so he'll stay. But if he's not returned he'll come back on his own in time for his transition to adulthood. So he's not gone forever if he does run away, just for awhile.

4. Angelyne

Angelyne New Member

I've been playing the Broke family. I kinda liked the idea of a single mother trying to raise 3 boys on a shoe string budget. For a while, all that kept them going was a money tree and Dustin after-school job. Then he turned into a good looking adult, so I decided to marry him off to the pretty (rich) daughter of my main family. I'm hoping for good looking babies :)

On another note, her youngest boy, which I named Bob (after both his grandfathers) is one **** good looking kid. I'm curious to see what kind of adult he will turn into.

5. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

I haven't played that family yet (Though I did import them to Springer Towne so I could) but I did have a Sim, Devlin, fear running away. I didn't know they came back. That's good. :)

6. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

What I don't get is, if they have a fear of running away, why do it? It's not like it's something you don't do to yourself...

7. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Oh ... I think the fear is not so much of actually running away as of finding one's self in a situation that leads to the conclusion that running away is a better idea than staying put. "running away" is simply a verbal shortcut for a nightmare familial scenario. :rolleyes:

8. Rowanstaff

Rowanstaff Kilted Freak!

From the desk of J. M. Pescado:
    What I don't get is, if they have a fear of running away, why do it? It's not like it's something you don't do to yourself...
    Have you ever been afraid you might do something you later regret?

9. wheefi

wheefi New Member

Lilith Pleasant ran away after a big fight with Angela, which Angela won. She said something like "I've had enough of you. I'm leaving home". It was great because I wanted to get Angela grow up quickly. However when it was time for her and Lilith to grow up, Lilith came back home.

While she was away her icon was made unselectable, like with the little babies. In her memories wasn't anything that might give some idea what she had been doing or anything. She just came back as if nothing had happened.

10. the_bass

the_bass New Member

The Broke family is one of my favourites. In mine Brandi died of food poisoning, then Dustin lost his job due to bad grades, so for a while they were just living off selling all the stuff in Brandi's bedroom.

11. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

Nope. If I knew in advance it was a bad idea, I wouldn't do it.

12. FinalFantasy4ever

FinalFantasy4ever Oh where in the world...

I intentionally made one of my sims run away. They have to have -20 relations (daily and the other bar) Although it did suck cause I just wanted em to run away for one day but they ended up not returnin so now I have to wait till the age transition to have 'im back

13. mangrovejane

mangrovejane New Member

If your sims run away, can you find them hanging out at the local community centre with other street kids? :rolleyes: ;) :p Just a thought....