Changing names? Stats?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Sargasso, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Sargasso

Sargasso New Member

Changing names? Stats?

Y'all have been so helpful with my dumb questions about food processors (of course you don't make grilled cheese sandwiches in it!) and getting engaged with Cassandra (well duh, she's already engaged!), I figure y'all can help with this one too.

I finally got my sim and Cassandra in a union, and they've been itching to adopt. Did so without much hassle, and I figured toddler was the way to go -- doesn't require all the micromanaging of an infant, and you get to increase some of its skills for a bit before it becomes a child.

Well, adopting a kid is kind of potluck, I guess, but seriously, this toddler is easly the most mediocre one around. His stats range between 4 and 6, so he seems like he wouldn't excel at any one particular Aspiration later in life. I can live with that and work around it if I have to, but I'd like to be able to change those stats. More importantly, I'd like to change his name. His name irritates the vinegar out of me, and if there was some kind of way to change it (either in game or out of game), I'd love to do it. Any thoughts?

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

You can change most aspects of a sim's personality with SimPE. It is a utility which may be downloaded from modthesims2.com.

You should be warned that it is in a state of ongoing development and that no support is given whatsoever. It is quite easy to use but it is also quite easy to completely wreck your saved families for ever!

(You will also need to download the Microsoft .NET package from the MS update site as SimPE requires it to operate)

3. Sargasso

Sargasso New Member

Hey, SimPE is neat! I'll have to discipline myself to not abuse it. One thing though -- seems like you can't edit someone's name with it. Zat true, or am I missing something?

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I haven't tried to change a sim's name with it ... but I see no reason why it isn't possible. It might potentially be rather complicated but not impossible. On the other hand that sim will die eventually ... why worry. :)

My first alien baby was a bit of a shock and I named him Alien Entity #1 which I almost immediately regretted cos he turned out kinda cute and is now gettin' all oogie over a rather pretty, blonde airhead whose main aspiration is to woohoo till she drops ... :rolleyes:

5. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

I finally sat down the other night with SimsPE and a tutorial someone posted on the ModTheSims2 board and played with the charectors. I found some oddities in my neighborhood. Anyone else have aliens listed in a neighborhood you created yourself that so far has no aliens? I had three female aliens named "Birth Queen" listed!!

As for changing the names, They were "greyed out" on screen I was looking at, so I didn't see a way to do it, but I could have easilly missed something.

6. Angelyne

Angelyne New Member

I love the name I gave my first alien baby. I named her Raelle (After the Raelien movement) I thought it was appropriate and funny. Unfortunately I really don't dig that weird alien look, so I'm not sure what future she'll have.

7. Toast

Toast Rebmem Drawkcab

There is another program on www.modthesims2.com I can't for the life of me remember the name of it. If I wasn't at work, I'd look it up. I think it's called the Siminseminator or the Insiminator or something like that. JM, could you please confirm this? As I see you frequet MTS2 quite often.

You should be able to find it in the beta testing section. It's definitely a game hack, so use it at your own risk. Basically, it's a .package file that you stick in your "downloads" folder, and it creates a special object that you can purchase and place on your lot and use.

The object is a game editing monster. You can max out your stats, skills, needs, aspirations. You can change and max out careers. You can change aspirations, and most importantly for you, you can change any sim's name, and even their age.

I feel the program actually has too much power, as you can totally manipulate every aspect of your sims lives. I found myself constantly overabusing it, so I actually took the .package file out of my "downloads" folder to resist any in-game urges to make a neighboorhood full of super-sims. Use at your own risk.

8. Sargasso

Sargasso New Member

Yeah -- the last thing I want to do here is abuse any tool I come across to make a bunch of uberSims. I mainly want to change this sim's name because a) it's the same as my own, personal name and ... that's weird, and b) I really want to name a Sim "Cutter" and put him in the Criminal career field. Don't ask.

If I'd known that you couldn't name adopted Sims, I'd've had a kid the old fashioned way.

That gives me a thought, though -- I wonder if someone might create a Turkey Baster object that ... er... no, belay that. Never mind.

9. Zootyzoot

Zootyzoot Keeper of Broken FeltTips

An easy way to change a child Sim's personality is to Encourage traits. This is best done by an adult/elder relative with a near-100/100 relationship with the child. Be persistent - it only changes a little each time, but it should help ;). There's no easy way out for the name, as far as I'm aware, short of installing a mod or fiddling about with SimPE.

10. clarisson

clarisson New Member

how to change the name of your sim

ok i know the last post was in 2004, and it's now 2006 so its 2 years but there IS a way you can change their names. Bring up the cheat box and type "boolprop TestingCheatsenabled true" then press shift and click on any person. Click "more" on the options and then "spawn" and freom there "tombstone of L and D." click on the tombstone that appears (making sure you are on the sim you want to change the name of) click "more" and then go "rename sim" and comes up with the box, and from there you can just rename it!!!

11. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

Necromancy is bad, m'kay?

12. angelofec1

angelofec1 New Member

ok, I'm really new to the sims 2 and I'm not sure I understand what the "boolprop" cheat code is all about. I tried a couple different ways of putting it in my cheat box, but nothing seems to be working. Can you help?

13. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

the cheat is "boolprop TestingCheatsenabled true", not "boolprop"

14. angelofec1

angelofec1 New Member

I tried that. Clarisson had directions in her post. When I try to shift and click on a sim, it tells me no actions available. There is no "more" option. What am I doing wrong?

15. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I'm shocked and amazed. I would have thought that was right up your alley!

16. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Sorry Angle, but the boolprop cheat is fiddly to type in correctly and it doesn't always report an error if you slightly mistype it.

maye sure that you type in, exactly:
    boolprop TestingCheatsenabled true
    There should be exactly two spaces, one between the p and the T and the other between the d and t

If it still doesn't work maybe you have some sort of problem with a disc image application (commonly used to operate pirated editions of games like TS2 ...) you do own a legally purchased copy, don't you?

17. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

I vowed never to say anything about boolpro again, but I have to type it in as boolprop testingcheatsenabled true (no capitals) - but I don't want to confuddle matters, so you might want to try both ways.

18. PlayLives

PlayLives Member

Instead of typing in that cheat, if you have OFB installed (not sure if it works with other expansions) you can just type in t in the cheat window. This will enable the boolprop testing cheat. You can then shift-click on the sim. When you are done, type in t- in the cheat window to turn off the boolprop cheat.

19. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Merola's multipainting allows all kinds of things to be changed in game including names. skills, school, interests etc...