If You Were To...

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ManagerJosh, Feb 2, 2005.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

If You Were To...

If you were to get lucky, meet up with someone from Maxis, what would you ask them about The Sims 2: University Expansion Pack? What about the future expansion pack? What would you ask? :)

2. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

Well, anything I'd care to ask a Maxian would involve steel chairs, rope, and bright lights, since I tend to ask all the hard questions they dodge when asked in chats.

3. Rowanstaff

Rowanstaff Kilted Freak!

My question...

Have you guys gotten a restraining order out against JM Pescado? :p

And related to the game, are you going to release any modeling add-ons (for g-max, 3d Studio Max, things like that) so the community can make more than skins?

4. pretty_princess

pretty_princess HeY tHeRe

lets see.......what r the new objects and what r the new areas u can go to:D :)

5. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

How about a kidz EP along the Uni principle. When kidz reach their birthday they can get to go to Camp before they grow into teens. At camp they get to do stuff like canoeing, rock climbing, ... good opportunity to build body and charisma points ... maybe a good showing at camp reduces the number of fears a sim faces and conversely a bad showing increases the fears making success tougher in the future. :p

6. Daizee

Daizee New Member

I really like the idea of a camp for kids. It would make playing that age group much more interesting for me. :rolleyes:

7. HelloKit

HelloKit New Member

Yes, that would be awesome! I went to a summer camp for one week every year for 10 years when I was a kid, and those weeks were truly some of the best times of my life. I would love to be able to relive those days through my sims. :D

The two things I would ask aren't really questions, more like requests, and not really University-related.

1. I would like to have variability in the pitch/angle of roofing, and be able to mix differently pitched roofs on the same house. These strictly 45-degree angled roofs really start to look stupid on bigger houses!
    2. This would probably be a whole expansion pack in itself... banking! The ability to transfer money between households, and even for each individual family member to have his/her own account. Any money made on jobs, school events, etc. would go to the sim who earned it, and any purchases made on community lots would come out of that sim's account. Of course, money could be transferred from sim to sim, and each family would also have a "community" account to pay for object purchases and NPC salaries. This way, when a sim moves out, he/she can take his/her own money, instead of getting a standard 20K that comes from nowhere.

8. Daizee

Daizee New Member

I think the idea of banking is great. You could open a savings account and earn interest for your retirement:) It is kind of frustrating to have a sim grow up and live at home working, bringing all the money into the family, then move out and get 20K. I guess thats why I use the money cheats for them:rolleyes:

9. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I also like the idea of banking. It seriously dents the balance of the game that a Sim can bring an uncheated fortune into a household and then end up wiith a mere 20K if they "decide" to move out again.

I'd also like to see loans (and the inevitable bankruptcy) :p

Also -- in pretty much the same vein -- it would be really cool if sims could choose to take their furniture and belongings with them when they move out. I can think of or two ways this could be done and some amusing consequences of sims arguing over ownership of certain items in the event of a household splitting up. :rolleyes:

10. Rowanstaff

Rowanstaff Kilted Freak!

Banking

Banking could be done via mail or (even better) computers.

I wanna see SHOPPING via computers.

11. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

About the TS2U, I'd ask if they had been able to put the elevators in (for the multistory dorm buildings). I'd also want to know if we can use SC4 to do new "university" neighborhoods and if they were going to add a neighborhood exchange. (The only Custom Content I feel I do a good enough job with is using SC4 to make neighborhoods and I'd like to have an easier way to share them.)

I'd also want to know when they were going to do the pet EP and what the themes were for the various upcoming EPs.

I'd also want to know if we were going to get more roof styles (mainly the ability to have more than the single pitch we currently have so that we could do a gambrel or low gable or other styles which don't work well with the steep pitch we have) and more stair styles (especially so that we could have U and L shaped stairs with landings indoors).

I'd like to know when there were going to be tools for making recolored furnishings and building materials (similar to Homecrafter and Bodyshop, but for furniture) as well as roofs.

Also, I'd ask if they were going to make a tool which would allow us to change the body shape, the clothing meshes and the furniture. (In the TSR chat it looked as if they said they *weren't* going to be doing that, only the recolor one, but I'd want to make sure what they actually meant.)

I'd also want to know if we were going to have a way to add more things to the neighborhood screen.

I suspect that if I sat here and thought some more, I'd come up with even more. These are for starters.

12. Blower

Blower New Member

1: What development of Careers will be included (in detail)
    2: will my sim have "townie" room mates to choose from? (i.e *bot* sims who come and go as they please,a )
    3: Will this new teen/adult age allow teenage love to transition to being an adult, since teen/adult may allow romantically interaction with teens. (thus bridging the politically incorrect boundry)

Theres other questions that relate more to development as a whole- but those are speicific to the pack...

13. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

1. If this features dorms, can the same feature be used for apartment buildings?
    2. Do we have some new objects, like stuff for cafes/restaurants, etc?
    3. Can we send adult sims who may have missed out on the opportunity (for whatever reason) to college?

14. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

hmmm... I only have a few things...

This is more things i'd like to see for future expansions, And added things.

1: A new tool so you could change the shape of a sims body. Like for girls they could be tall and like (small boobs) or like short and slender with like thick gorilla arms:p Or men really smalll and wimpy or a bouncer type sim:p

2. More furniture

3. WEATHER WEATHER WEATHER SNOW RAIN!!!!!!!

4. seasons like once every 2 weeks an option to buy a Christmas tree and have kids open presents!!!!

5. Resturaunts, food courts etc....

6. Pets.

P.S. the camp idea was really cool

15. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

I can add to this! I would like to see more miscellaneous objects/tools/appliances so it's possible to make a good mall! :p

Yeah, I'd also ask if weather was possible in the future, too... :)

16. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I think I'd like to ask will there be any more completely useless objects like the Myshuno game. I have experiment with this thing and have never seen any a single sim reach full fun without my turning off free will. Instead the presence of this thing just act like a magnet for all visiting sims who seek to monopolise it as a caller. A little tweaking and the thing could've been fun. There were similar things in TS1 (a 'bingo' thing and a 'charades' thing ... both of those were useless as well!)

17. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

I COMPLETELY agree all Myshuno does is make me mad when I invite a visiting sim over and they go straight there VERY annoying!

18. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

I call it the "Dreaded Myshuno machine." However, I have found that party scores are much higher if I have the durned thing, but I put it in the "attic" in between parties.

I think that this particular object is a pet of one of the Maxis people (sort of like Llamas and broccholi). It was something that they kept hinting about before the game come out. (Little did they realize that it would be something that we *don't* like. ;))

19. Toast

Toast Rebmem Drawkcab

Question 1: What are some of the main ideas that are being tossed around the development team's table for future expansions?

Question 1b: Please explain to me why I've added a question "1b" instead of going directly on to question "2".

Question 2: What the heck is a spline and why must it be reticulated?

20. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Answer 2: Spline: In computer graphics, a smooth curve that passes through two or more points. Splines are generated with mathematical formulas. Two of the most common types of splines are Bezier curves and b-spline curves.

Retictulation is making a network ... The Maxoid's splines began reticulating in Sim City 2000, which moved from the flat landscape of its predecessor into isometric 3-D ... a sultry female voice would announce: "reticulating splines" during the few moments it took the game engine to generate a random landscape. :)