Wal-Mart and Sims 2 University

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Kristalrose, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Wal-Mart and Sims 2 University

I went shopping at my local Wally-world today, and was greeted at the door (right after the guy giving out shopping carts and stickers for my kids) by a huge poster: "Coming March 3, 2005, Your Sims Are Going To College!"

March 3rd?? I thought it was supposed to be released March 1st? What's the deal??

2. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

:eek: I feel so BETRAYED LMS. :mad: :cool: Ya whats the deal.:confused: :rambo:
    :bunny: :bunny: I love these bunny's!!!:bunny: :bunny: Soooo cute!:bunny: :bunny:

3. Rowanstaff

Rowanstaff Kilted Freak!

Wal-Mart Time

Wal-Mart exists in a pocket dimension. It is called Waltopia. The rules of this dimension are strange--destruction of nearby small settlements on the quantum fringe, absorbtion of money, consription of petitioners from nearby pirmes--stranger still is its flow of time. In Waltopia items can arrive any time between their release date and some later time, but in Waltopia these items are always "New Releases", days, even weeks after arriving elsewhere.

But, they have more money than all the circles of Hell combined so i guess if they want to be late they can afford it. :p

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL as with every release I see a different date everywhere I look! One thing I am pleased about is the US$'s sad weakness means that TS2U will be sold here in the UK for around 15! How cool is that? :D

5. Daizee

Daizee New Member

OK, I know this is going to give away the fact that I spend WAY to much time at Walmart but no matter what the release date is for a movie, game etc, they put it out on the following Tuesday. Thats when all their new releases come out. :D:p:)

6. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

:( :eek: I gasped when I saw that!!! SOO unfair! over here $30.00!!!! I had to do WEEKS of chores to earn that money!

7. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

The official release date is March 1st, but that means it's expected on the shelves in stores on March 3. (Some however, have said that they will have it on February 28th. Go figure!)

Each store has it's own date when they put new games on the shelves. If that date is a Thursday (instead of the usual Tuesday), then it will be March 3rd (as opposed to "as soon as they arrive"), then that's when they put it on the shelf.

At any rate, it's less than 2 weeks away now!

8. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Only $30? In the US evidently the price is $35, so the old $30 sounds like a bargain. (I guess it's all a matter of perspective.)

I had the cash last month, so I preordered it to make sure that I could get it.

9. zootyfreak

zootyfreak Git r done

I have a job...so not that hard to raise money. I hate Wal*Mart.... hardly go there unless I need something for an emergency when I'm nearby. I always go 45 mins away from my house to a mall where I can go to Game Stop and a EB Game

10. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

I want to pre-irder it but my parents NEVER have time, to take me there..:mad:

11. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

I live in one of those towns where the ONLY Dept. store is Wal-Mart. K-Mart Closed, Target will not locate here, and so we have one giant Super Wal-Mart. When it opened 2 years ago, it was the 6th largest in the nation. (I doubt it still is, these things spawn on a weekly basis, don't they.) There is a Game Stop here, though, so I will check it out there.

12. zootyfreak

zootyfreak Git r done

The closest store here is rose's(about 10 mins away). A wal*mart is 30 mins, a target is 45-55mins, K-mart is 40mins, and the mall is 45 mins-1 hour. I live out in the country...I'm a person who you will call a "Country Boy" or "Redneck"

13. Nephthys

Nephthys Backstabber

Yeeeeeeeeeeehhaaaaaaaaaa.

14. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

hm...

*goes and buys from Amazon using his 9.57% discount card*

Better yet...

*sends email to Maxis begging for a copy* ;) just kidding :D

15. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

Lol, our Rogers Video/ Eb games is only 5 min away! ahhhh:( Parents to busy I want to pre-order it SOOO bad. Perhaps i still can...

16. aharris

aharris New Member

I pondered ever so briefly buying it at either the Target across the way, the Best Buy across the bridge, the Circuit City next to Kohl's next to Target, the Wal-Mart 15 mins away, the EB Games in the strip mall right across from the Wal-Mart, and the software store inside the mall across the bridge across from the Best Buy, and (drum roll please) I have decided that once again Amazon.com will most likely get my money and they will promis to have it to me in three weeks and probably get in here in as many days just like they did last time.

17. Blower

Blower New Member

*cheers for the UK price* its great isn't it - I paid $60 + UK VAT (35.25) on some K-swiss which were 65 over here ($130!) - brother got an Ipod imported - now we get this for 15 - I bet our retailers see this and think "oooh we can throw an extra 5 on top because of this"