congrats 2 me 4 twins!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by star2cute4u, Feb 18, 2005.

1. star2cute4u

star2cute4u New Member

congrats 2 me 4 twins!

omg! i only ever had 1 baby on the sims 2 before and on my second try i ended up with twin girls!

i had a male sim, and when he wasn't at work i got him hooked up with the blonde maid. v original (not!) and then, cos she didnt hav a job, i got her together with the new maid. then i got them all moved in 1 house. i got him 2 try 4 a baby with one maid, then straight away with the other. 1 just had twins - how cool wud it b if the other had twins as well? lol bye!! :D :D :D :D :D :p :) :classic:

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Good luck raising them! ;)

3. star2cute4u

star2cute4u New Member

thanks - but what if i do get another set of twins? OMG!!! HELP!!!

4. Nephthys

Nephthys Backstabber

You panic!
    And hello, fellow Mancunian.

5. zootyfreak

zootyfreak Git r done

Panic? It is tough but not as hard. Just move in alot of sims into the house and hire a nanny. Everything will be fine

6. aharris

aharris New Member

Heh, I thought for a second when you said 4 twins, you meant 4 sets of twins. That really made me cringe!:)

7. zootyfreak

zootyfreak Git r done

if that happend then it wasn't just a rare occurance, it was the insimator(I use that alot)

8. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

Iv'e had 6 baby's same age in the same house before. I invited all of my peoples friends over. Hired a nany and maxed their needs every once in a while turned out fine.

9. Rowanstaff

Rowanstaff Kilted Freak!

Twins, been there done that...

You know, I read all of these "Woot, twins!" posts and the truth is, I don't reply to them because the "novelty" or "idea" of twins has no appeal to me.

Why? Am I cold-hearted SOB? Have I sucked all the marrow from life and take no joy in other's wonderment?

Maybe. But not this time.

See, I have twins. Actually I have three boys, but two of them are fraternal twins. All over the internet, at RP chat rooms, forum post role-playing games, on PB email, and in video games everyone is just giddy with the idea of twins. In one RP chat room the couples there had more twins than single children. The population was growing exponentially, I swear. One time when I asked one of the "lucky mothers" why she chose to have twins the player said "Because it's so rare. It's like, totally special."

Until it happens to you.

Raising twins is a unique experience, especially for its difficulties. Two babies needing feeding simultaniously and only 1 bottle ready. Two toddlers both screaming. Two kids both wanting the same toy. And later, two teens desperately trying to manifest an indivual identity without losing existing structures (this is especially troubling time for twins, complicated by being boys for whom teen time is "power struggle" time). So, excuse me a bit if I hold back the congrats for the "wonder of twins" :rolleyes:. Don't get me wrong, I love my boys, all of them, but I lost my twins-wonderment years ago.

10. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Good post, Rowan! :D I remember a woman that I knew a good few years ago who had 3 sets of twins in as many years (you'd have thought she would have gotten the message after the second set! :p ) ... maybe she had just decided that she was gonna have 3 consecutive pregancies ... who knows. Whatever, I'm pretty sure I'd have gone nuts just trying to cope, so I reckon she deserves a medal just for staying sane ... at least I think she is still sane; haven't seen her for a while ....

11. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

Okay, I'm sorry to revive such an old thread but the other maid did have the twins. star2cute4u was me! :)

12. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

After having 5 families that gave birth to 5 consecutive sets of twins in a row, the whole idea of it doesn't even rouse my attention. Even the real-life idea of twins isn't that exciting to me-there are 2 pairs of twins that I know of in my grade so far.

Yes, this is quite an old thread.

13. slimsim

slimsim Often-Idle Member

Yar, Tis an old thread. If yar were at sims.stratics.com theys would be banning's yar.

I don't know why I talk like a pirate sometimes.

14. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

:) Babe, that was u? Boy, your posting style has really changed! I like you much better now. :D

15. kuponutty

kuponutty Confused little moogle

Yeah, I really hate abbreviations (except for when I'm txting!). Bansai to your convertion! And I just had another set of twins with my teen twins Bradley & Amber. They're two cute little girls called Cheryl and Diana (yes, I'm following the alphabet).

16. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Hey, Kupo, in my previous neighborhood I did the alphabet, too, though I varied it a few times when I thought up names I liked for a certain baby that were out of order ... I got all the way to Z before I decided it was time for a new neighborhood. If you really want me to I can share the names I picked ... I plan to make sure the old 'hood is NL ready, though, just in case I want to play it again.

17. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

As for my typing style, it changed when somebody on here (I think it was you actually Kristal) told me that many people don't actually like the txt spk. So I changed it! See how obliging I am? Did I spell that right? And see how I apologised for reviving such an old thread?

18. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Especially when Talk Like A Pirate Day was last month ... wot "R" u like, Slim? :p

Babe,
    Be careful too much crawling will cause arthitis in your knees. :rolleyes:

19. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

old or not... I still have never had any twins at all... and so far with NL I am playing without hacks. and relatively few downloads added back. maybe my new romance sim will have an "accident"....

20. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

ROTFLMAO at "accident", Michelle. ;)