Need Quick Help.

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Al1ce1nCha1ns, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Al1ce1nCha1ns

Al1ce1nCha1ns New Member

Need Quick Help.

Ok I got my music files into the game (they show up under the radeo station that they are under) but when my Sim turns on the radeo and to the channel nothing comes out. Now whats wrong? I even played the songs under the option menu and they worked their. Please help quick!

2. Blower

Blower New Member

re:

My imported music has had the following errors:

1: exactly your symptom
    2: crashing the game (only 1 track did it - maybe a variable bitrate?)
    3: playing one, but not doing "next song"

problems 1 + 3 were overcome by repeatedly switching the stereo on/off & answering the phone (yup - weird)

Bottom line is its buggy - either buggy or very very fussy about what it accepts, try replacing the mp3s an entirely different set. If that doesnt work - try replacing the stereo and/or not putting it on the same tile.

I realise i've given you nothing concrete - but I wanted to get across to you that it is problematic and you have to compromise by trying fiddly tactics to get the stuff flowing properly. Since the patch non of my tracks skip, so i deleted all the contents, then put it back in, now they do skip to the next track.

Its as if something in v.1 says "he's put some tracks in - call them track00001(v.1) then sims 2 v.2 has said "okay skip to track00001(v.2) and it goes "err - nope" - as you can see I have an indepth knowledge of game programming :)

3. Toast

Toast Rebmem Drawkcab

Could have something to do with the type of media file you have in the folder. Are you using .mp3's? They may be incompatible with the game if they are a different file type or bitrate than the game supports. So that could be why they'd show up in the game and you wouldn't be able to play them. Also make sure that you don't have the music audio on "mute".