HELP! SIMS 2 keeps CRASHING! :-(

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by StaceySim1, Feb 25, 2005.

1. StaceySim1

StaceySim1 New Member

HELP! SIMS 2 keeps CRASHING! :-(

Hello Everyone,

I just bought the SIMS 2 and I checked all of the system requirements & I have them all.

However when I am in the middle of the tutorial on how to play or start to build a sim it FREEZES.

My whole computer freezes & I can't even press "CTRL- ALT -DELETE". There is not message or anything.

Can someone help me?

Thanks

2. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

Did you have another game on at the time that took up a lot of space?

3. Rowanstaff

Rowanstaff Kilted Freak!

Check...

Things to check:
    1. Is your free space low?
    2. Are you suffering from lame spyware taking up resources? If you need to check get AdAware from lavasoft.com and find out. Or Spybot Search and Destroy. A Google search on either product should find it.
    3. Have you tried uninstalling / reinstalling?
    4. Have you patched?
    5. Are you using a No-CD hack? Any hacked objects?
    6. Are you using a priated copy?
    7. Lastly, are you using a video card that can handle the visual settings you have set?

4. BEC933

BEC933 New Member

video card?

How do you know if you have the right video card? My compyter is brand new but I dont know if it came with the right video card? How do I find out if i have it and if i dont how much is the right one?

5. Rowanstaff

Rowanstaff Kilted Freak!

Video Card

BEC933 spouted:
    How do you know if you have the right video card? My compyter is brand new but I dont know if it came with the right video card? How do I find out if i have it and if i dont how much is the right one?
    Your video card is listed under Control Panel un System under Device Manager. Find it's make and model and look it up on the producer's website. See what it can handle for textures, polygons, framerate, and screen size. Also, check out TheSims2.com and see if it a supported card.

6. misskelly

misskelly New Member

Mine does the same thing

I have done all of this, I have a Geforce 5200, changed the paging, and I still crash. No hacks, no download file, reinstalled 5 times, same thing. I have adware, and norton's. I even went thru with a Tech to see if I had the VX2 virus, and still no results. Anyother ideas.

Things to check:
    1. Is your free space low?
    2. Are you suffering from lame spyware taking up resources? If you need to check get AdAware from lavasoft.com and find out. Or Spybot Search and Destroy. A Google search on either product should find it.
    3. Have you tried uninstalling / reinstalling?
    4. Have you patched?
    5. Are you using a No-CD hack? Any hacked objects?
    6. Are you using a priated copy?
    7. Lastly, are you using a video card that can handle the visual settings you have set?
    Tonight on Court TV's Body of Evidence... She was a mother raising 3 kids when he came into her life. Their on again off agin relationship drove her to the edge. But did this mother really delete her own children? Watch and see the police piece together the clues that put this killer behind bars! Tonight after Power, Kaching, and Justice!

"Choke on that Causality!" -- Hubert Farnsworth, Futurama

7. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Misskelly has a lot of good advice for you. Also read and print out Mirelly's thread found near the start of this TheSims2 general discussion: [​IMG] Before Installing an Expansion Pack (eg University, Nightlife)

since you say you have reinstalled several times you may not be getting all files erased with the uninstall.

Also if you scroll down to the troubleshooting and problems forum you may find the answer to your problem with a little reading.