$51.25!!!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Flameangel, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

$51.25!!!

I went and fullt pre-ordered the expansion pack today. I was told that it was only $40.00 on this forum $11.00 of tax!!!! Over doing it!

Also will there be like a guide book with cheats and stuff for it coming out too?

2. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Oh, Flamey, no!!!

I pre-ordered mine from Gamestop. Yes, I have to go pick it up. But it was only $34.99.

3. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

Why On Earth Was Mine So Expensive?! Why is this such a difference I truly DON'T understand

4. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Where did you get it??

5. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

I got it from EB Games. I have to pick it up too, they don't take it to my house. I AM FURIOUS RIGHT NOW EB GAME'S IS SO CHEAP!:mad: :mad:

6. aharris

aharris New Member

Amazon.com, no tax $34.99. I paid for no shipping, so while I may not get it as soon as the rest of you (ooo, March 10 instead of the 1st). I feel pretty good about the purchase. Besides, when I bought the original Sims, I also decided not to pay for shipping. They told me to expect it to take an extra week to ten days and it still came within three days of the soonest it would have arrived with shipping.

7. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

I am not alowed to order off the internet and we don't have a Game Stop anywhere near us. Kristolrose was your price in Canadian $ Or American $?

8. stamata

stamata New Member

I pre-ordered mine and it was 39.99 cdn plus tax which came to 46.00. $39.99 cdn is equivalent to about I think 28-30$. So I'm not sure if you are in Canada or not, Flameangel, but regardless $51.25 is too expensive.

9. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Flamey, you do not say where you are in the world and that is fine. However I just ran a conversion of Canadian$51.25 into US$ and got $41.38. So if your local store is in that part of the world it is not hugely overcharging for the EP ... tho you might wanna remember your local area's tax level when you get you chance to vote ... ;)

10. Angelyne

Angelyne New Member

I am Canadian and it will cost me 45.99 including tax to purchase this expansion

11. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

American, hon. :) I live in NC.

12. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

hmmm...Perhaps it's ok then. My purchase is Candian $ not American $.

13. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Where on earth do you live that you have $11 in tax on a $35-40 item? That certainly doesn't sound like US prices. Are you sure that it wasn't a glitch?

As to the guide book, Prima did one for TS2U and it's already out.

14. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

That explains it then, but the tax is still exorbitant!

15. stamata

stamata New Member

Yes $11 tax on a $40 item is I think impossible. I live in Quebec and we have to taxes which works out to about 15%, so it's only $6 on a $40 item. Quite interesting.

16. imnotu1

imnotu1 New Member

i pre-ordered from best buy ($34.99) and I live in Delaware so no tax. :) can't wait!

17. Sylla

Sylla New Member

Oh wow, I pre-ordered my copy of TS2:U FOR $38 Australian, and I just worked out the conversion of Australian to US $ would mean that I paid around $28US, How come it's so expensive over there and so much cheaper here? Usually it works out to be about the same with conversion taken into account. Seems very odd to me....

18. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Sylla. I think you just found an example of "free market"-ism ... a cynic would say "charge all the market will bear". The fact is that prices rarely bear any close relation to cost of production; it is all part of the supply and demand ethos of capital driven economics. The biggest con is that there are some who claim to understand the principles thoroughly enough to improve the system ... :(

19. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

@ outpost, its 34.99 :D

Attached Files:

20. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Is than oz outlet, Josh?

It's 14.99 here in blighted S2U-less britland (that's currently $28.65 according to xe.com!) Maybe we're getting a discount for having to wait ... no that wouldn't be right ... :rolleyes: