Second Expansion Pack Name Revealed?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ManagerJosh, Feb 27, 2005.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Second Expansion Pack Name Revealed?

According to game inserts for The Sims 2: University Expansion pack, it reveals Maxis is currently developing the next expansion pack entitled: Sims 2: Nightlife scheduled to be released Fan 2005.

No other information is available, but stay tune as we try to get more information. We are still awaiting confirmation from Maxis about this development.

Special thanks to Pyrobon for the tip.

Attached Files:

2. Angelyne

Angelyne New Member

The female sim in the picture definitively has vampire fangs. That's going to excite more a than a few people for sure :)

3. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

I personally have NO interset in vampier sims but it seems like it will be kinds like hot date which will be good.

4. Rowanstaff

Rowanstaff Kilted Freak!

Fangs, meh. Date, cool!

I'm with Flameangel on this one. I have zero interest in the whole gothic vampire thing.

But sending my Sims on dates, that will be cool.

5. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

There's been several things about this on MTS2. However, we SimMasters are still waiting for word from the Maxoids about this. (I hate it that we're often the last to know. Sigh. So much for perks of being a SimMaster, eh.)

However, if it's like any other EP, there will be the theme, but there are also so many things that have nothing to do with the theme or things to do with the theme which can be used in the regular game.

In spite of the fact that I am a long time Dark Shadows and Forever Knight fan (including having my own set of dental acrylic fangs), I'm not that into the "Goth" thing. But it could have some fun things with it (like real restaurants, rather than just coffee houses, for instance.)

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what it does contain. I hope that they tell us soon.

6. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Oh, oh, Vampires!!! I'm a big Vampire fan from waaaaaayyy back, and I love Anne Rice Novels! So, I'm a little excited.

7. Daizee

Daizee New Member

Oh me too... I can't wait for the details of this one!!:D

8. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

I *AM* a vampire, and from what I can tell, I *LOATHE* Anne Rice novels.

Besides, this expansion pack nonsense is a huge hoax. I mean the guy claims he saw the ad scanning it from the FIRST expansion pack, which DOES NOT EVEN EXIST YET!

Clearly, he is lying, and even *IF* that turns out to be the second expansion pack, he sure as hell didn't get it from the first expansion pack. I place no stock in such hearsay.

9. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

MMMMM, sex-ay!!! :p ;)

I went over to MTS2, and it looks like several others got their EP today and posted digital pictures of their cases, containing the ad for Nightlife.

10. SarahRon

SarahRon New Member

I'm so not interested either.

11. ManagerJosh

Don't you think its a bit early to judge and make an opinion based on an image preview and title?

12. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

Well, the cover of somthing will make somone judge if they wanted to buy it or not. If it isn't about campires mainly then why would it be dark, spooky and have a vampire in it? If it's actully say about dogs. Their would be like dogs on it. See my point? If they are not trying to say it's mainly about Vampires I sugest they change the cover/picture w/e

13. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

While I'm not interested in vampires, I do like the concept of "nightlife." I think it sounds rather interesting :)

14. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

How fast can you backpedal, JMP?

15. J. M. Pescado

I don't have to. The fact remains that the original claimant was still lying about where he got it. The expansion pack clearly did not exist at the time.

16. ManagerJosh

Not necessarily true. Other evidence shows that such an expansion pack exists. A few of us checked thesimsnightlife.com, simsnightlife.com, thesims2nightlife.com and sims2nightlife.com and the domains are registered by EA on Jan 21.

17. J. M. Pescado

Proves nothing, and I wasn't talking about the second expansion pack, which is still non-existent. I don't deal in speculations. Until a credible source has it, the game does not exist. It's that simple.

18. ManagerJosh

You remind me of somone who only wants to hear what they want to hear, no matter how irrefutable the evidence is.

19. J. M. Pescado

I also don't see you holding this vaunted second expansion pack.You don't have it. I don't have it. Nobody I know has it. Nobody you know has it. This is not very compelling proof of its existence.

20. Nephthys

Nephthys Backstabber

Now now boys, calm down.