Sims 2 University: Satisified or Dissatisifed?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ManagerJosh, Mar 4, 2005.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Sims 2 University: Satisified or Dissatisifed?

With Sims 2 University out for US Folks (Sorry EU peps...another week), are you satisfied with what Maxis has created? Is it worth playing?

Or is it just a disaster, or simply just disappointing.

Voice it! :D

2. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

I think that it was worth the money. BUT it was not as impressive as I thought it would be so I will give it a 5 out of 10:ermm:

3. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

I have enjoyed the game play. I find the college life to be entertaining and challenging.

But. . . I have had so many problems with it that it makes me frustrated! If I could get the problems worked out, then I'd feel better. And, yes, they are of my own making, I understand that, because of my downloads. But, still, I have never been let down so much by an EP as I have with this one. I was so excited about it, and now I just feel frustrated. :ninja:

4. stamata

stamata New Member

I am satisfied with the purchase and I think it was well worth the amount I paid for it. It does exactly what Maxis said it would although I wish my university life is as exciting as my sims's:).

5. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

I am dissatisfied. And I don't even have it yet! It's so annoying, people keep whining, and whining, and whining at me. I could power a small city with their whining.

6. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

I'm having a great time with it. I've found it more fun than I expected.

Poor JMP, being disappointed even before he gets it. That's very sad.

So, any estimates on when you *will* get it, JMP?

7. J. M. Pescado

6-8 weeks from the time I instruct my agent to place the order. I do have the objects package, though, so I can blind-write hacks and send them off to my associates, or *****es, for testing, but I don't actually have a functioning game.

8. SilentDragon

SilentDragon Spegramet, English God

Too true. From all the offivial material I've seen I've really got my hopes up on it, despite not having TS2 installed at the moment! From the complaining, I'm guessing others saw this too, and it doesn't live up to the hype and potential of the idea.

Still, people complain about everything, and I often disagree. I think I might well change to satisfied when I play myself.

9. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

An open mind? I'm shocked! :rolleyes: We'll have to consider a new rule. No open minds permitted. :cool:

Seriously, I don't remember a single Sims release that wasn't both heralded and followed by a noisy clamor to diss it for reasons of dullness, bugs, cost or all three. So far S2U hasn't proved exceptional. The trouble with hype is that nothing can live up to it and sooner or later a person who falls for it is gonna hit reality.

10. ChaosShade

ChaosShade New Member

I enjoy it I just wish there were more new objects, clothes, hair and such. Yeah, I know the community makes plenty of that but downloading and unpacking each new outfit one at a time is a pain in the rear end

11. Angelyne

Angelyne New Member

I'm quite sastified so far. There are loads of new objects (3 new collections) and interactions and new game play. People have been complaining about not enough objects, but what they forget is that each object is a new mesh. So the recolour artists are going to go mad with all this new stuff to play with.

I agree with JMP that people just whine way too much. I almost had decided to not buy it after reading a really negative thread on University at MTS2. Glad I reconsidered, because it was all just the whinning of spoiled brats. Or simply the result of people hyping the EP way too much in their own mind.

My only major aggravation so far is one that I'm hoping JMP will fix soon as he gets his hand on the EP. The d*mn EP cluttered my once pristine neighourhood with a million butt-ugly college kid characters. :eek:

Yes I'm annal, but you wouldn't believe the trouble i went through to get a clean neighbourhood, so I desperately need a nocollegekidregen hack!

12. JulzSC

JulzSC Wanderer

I agree, those college kids aint much too look at. Otherwise, the EP is pretty cool. I haven't tried the sorority or frat thing yet but it sounds annoying.

13. J. M. Pescado

Well, so far our researchers have found that while it is possible to suppress dorm clog and the generation of more college kids as a result of dorm vacancy, the source of the original 50-odd college kids is unknown, and I believe that some level of dormies may be required for the effective functioning of the secret society and Greek systems. All this is conjectural, however.

14. Angelyne

Angelyne New Member

That would be a start anyway. Maybe I can kill off the really ugly ones. My sims had one aspiration of doing her first wohoo. I looked at her male roomates and there was no way I'd want a relationship with them, so she stayed a virgin all through college, the poor kid :)

I always look at sims as potential breeders, and I don't like to waste a relationship on sims whose gene pool I have no intention of propagating.