Nightlife Expansion Pack: Post your Ideas

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ManagerJosh, Mar 4, 2005.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Nightlife Expansion Pack: Post your Ideas

Assuming the next expansion pack is called "nightlife", what are your ideas, expectations, themes, etc. that can go with the expansion pack? :)

2. SimSay

SimSay New Member

Wouldn't concerts be great?! You could perform (kinda of like Makin' Magic) and be booed off stage, or do great & get paid, or watch someone else.

I'd like a concert hall, have a few snacks or meal, have a few drinks watch a gig with or without your date, max out your fun levels & then queue for ages for a taxi home! Of course not before stopping at the stand for your SimsGig Shirt & poster! Or become a Groupie and maybe even woo-hoo with a band member!

3. sexierjess14

sexierjess14 Depressed Soul

Based on the picture which u posted in another thread about the new expansion name revealed etc, I think its like the "Hot Date" expansion in sims1.

It has some stuff writen on the picture which I *think* relates to going out to the community lot and have dinner/date etc just like in the sims1.

Any expansion will make me happy, as long as maxis packs more furnitures, skins, genetics etc in it lol. I've not gotten TSU but the reviews said that they arent many new objects, so :(

4. Zootyzoot

Zootyzoot Keeper of Broken FeltTips

I'd like an incomplete fusion of nightlife a la Hot Date and nightlife a la vampires etc. The Hot Date aspect should have more in the way of pubs, clubs, bars and music, rather than just resteraunts (but they're good too); and the vampire/supernatural aspect will hopefully come with some groovesome new Victorian, punk, glam and gothic clothes, genetics and objects. Yay! :)

That'd have to go hand in hand with an enormous improvement of the going-off-the-lot system, though. It's so irritating how Sim's Needs are desecrated in about a minute, and how you have to wait around for hours for the blasted taxi. And I have a weird bug which makes community lots take about 15 minutes to load, all my Sims' needs utterly bottom-out on arrival, and the whole thing not go on any speed other than paused and superfast :(. I really don't know how it happened - the only things I've ever dowloaded are some houses from MikeInside and the official patch from the official website. If anyone knows how to solve the problem, I'd be extremely grateful!

5. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Hi, Zooty. You still having that community lot bug, huh? That's too bad. Have you tried using the clean installer thingus from over at modthesims2.com? link If you have acquired an unwanted hack then that's the beast to tell you what it is you have. :)

6. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

They do have a concert hall where your Sims can perform as part of TS2U.

However, my expectations are that we'll finally get real restaurants with Nightlife, as well as the vampire thing. With restaurants I'm hoping to see booths (where you can do cuddling and footsie), waiters, sit down meals and the like. I'm also hoping that we'll be able to give gifts (and hopefully the gifts will be usable instead of just disappear into a back pocket permanently.)

And I suspect we'll get more of the Makin' Magic sort of decor with a vampire theme. I just hope that they don't do the "ugly transformation" types of vampires that you see with shows like Buffy and Angel. I much prefer the types of vampires like you see in Forever Knight, Dark Shadows and the Frank Langella (oh, my, but he made a sexy vampire) Dracula movie. I'd rather see them sexy and seductive when they're vamped out than ugly and grotesque.

And although I'm not really into weather, I hope that they're able to get that going. After all, a dark rainy night is a good time to cuddle up with a sweetheart and also rather scary (especially if they get lightning) as it seems like you might be more likely to see a vampire in the gloomy dark wet night.

I know a lot of things I'd *like* to see, but if they have to wait until next spring, so that the theme fits, it's ok with me.

7. SilentDragon

SilentDragon Spegramet, English God

Night clubs, obviously! Lots of community lots with things like restraunts and fairs, and other night-time activities. Kind of like a cross between House Party and Hot Date.

Then the Vampire stuff, maybe we'll have Gypsy fortune tellers in booths, vampire's and different types of ghosts. I hope they don't go overboard on this, its bound to annoy lots of people and take up valuable space. As said below, weather would create lots of atmosphere... but I doubt Maxis will bother with it cause it's be lots of work, and delay the expansion a lot.

8. aharris

aharris New Member

Anyone ever consider that Nightlife might be the next platform EP?

9. ChaosShade

ChaosShade New Member

the advertisment on the back of TS2U for Nightlife says "Requires The Sims 2 or The Sims 2 Special DVD Edition to play" thus it has to be a The Sims 2 EP not a console game

10. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

I think aharris meant that Nightlife could be just the overall theme, ie. stuff you do at night, not refering to a brand new generation of gaming :)

11. Zootyzoot

Zootyzoot Keeper of Broken FeltTips

Yes. It didn't work :(. I'm (vainly) hoping that TS2U might sort it out.

12. SimSay

SimSay New Member

Us in the Uk don't have it yet!! :bored: , although I got email to say it's been shipped! yay!

I'm happy with the idea of vamps & would love to have a new genetic trait to play with as green skin ( and my downloaded white & purple skins) have gotten dull - Oh dial up makes the whole downloading skins so frustrating that I have very little custom content in mine!

I know there is a lot of people against the Vamps/goth element, (bah-humbugs)

13. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

I'm expecting it to have far more objects in the way of community lots. I mean, really, can one make a grocery store with only produce, dairy, and frozen foods? :p

I'd also hope for a theatre (live or movie) and restaurants.

Really don't care for the vampires... maybe we'll have the option of if we want them? :p Also about the weather... I agree, hope that they work that out. I mean, sunny and 75F is nice, but that just doesn't happen every day :p

Though these are just the things that I wish for. Now let's see what actually happens :)

14. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

what would I like to see....... elevators, fast elevators. express potties. Spas. hottubs that have clean factors. (How can you get dirty sitting in a hot tub?) How about that costume box from s1 so you can have themed parties. stairs that have a 45 degree turn part way up instead of a spiral and a swoosh flair at the bottom for an entrance to the grand ballroom.

fancy restaurants and dives. how about a smokey bar. jobs could be tabloid reporters or photographers, Lawyers to get you out of jail if you misbehave, or maybe start out as one of those guys that washes windshield for donations and works his way up to "Krammer"

What about a news anchor, weatherman, helicopter traffic reporter, master gardeners and architects as career paths.

15. Chris

Chris New Member

In Nightlife, I'd like to see proper restaurants and diners like in Hot Date. I really do miss these, as they were great ways to get two Sims together.

I think the vampires would be quite interesting. We already have aliens and zombies and they are great fun and completely optional, so if you don't want the vampires and aliens and all of that, then don't have them.

I'd also like to see cinemas!! I've wanted these ever since the first game was released. Another fun thing we could do with these is we could put our own movies that we've made onto them, like on the TVs. We could build a box office, and then we choose what film our Sims want to see. And then we could have popcorn venders and such.

Oh, and how about a nightclub?

16. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

ROFLMAO Michelle. I would guess that if you were as unfussy as most sims are about who they leap into hottubs with you might very well come out muckier than when you got in. :p

17. suitemichelle

maybe so, but it is hot water, isn't it? How about a swedish sauna and ice water to jump into afterwards? more flowers and plants. gifts they keep. diamonds and other jewelry that interchanges. and when are they going to get vacation destinations?

18. Necromongr

Necromongr New Member

Nightlife Installation

when i install nightlife will i lose m sims 2 charachters and houses?

19. suitemichelle