How do i make custom things?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Valerie114, Mar 5, 2005.

1. horselovinmonkey

horselovinmonkey New Member

I downloaded gimp and i hope itz the right one...
    also ((iam very weird about this))
    it didnt ask for money or anything soo itz free... right!
    it didnt say (that i sall) free treil or anything?!
    i know iam over dramatic.. thank you!!!:D

2. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Yeah, the GIMP is free.

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Sidenote issue. It occurs to me to wonder that if Adobe had received $700 from each and every person who claims to use Photoshop legally the company would probably be larger and richer than Intel or Microsoft. I sense a sinister variety of conspiracy here but, sadly, I am not nearly clever enough to figure out what -- or whose -- fell purpose is being served :(

4. Newbie

Newbie Champion Dragon Catcher

I have a question........

JohnEZ, you say that you have to go to the Body Shop. Is the Body Shop "Create New Families", because there isn't a "Create Parts" button. I couldn't find a different option. Can you tell me where the option is? :confused:
    THANKS!!!!!

5. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

Nope, BodyShop and "Create New Families" aren't the same. BodyShop is an actual, separate program that came with TS2. Go to Start>All Programs>EA Games and look in there. It should be there, but I can't guarantee that as I'm on my Mac at the moment and haven't a way of double checking.

Mirelly--old post, I know but--they may be using Photoshop Elements. At under $100 I could see that as being legit :)

Hope that helps,
    John

6. Newbie

Newbie Champion Dragon Catcher

Macintosh

Hey, I have a Macintosh computer. There is no start menu, but I managed to locate and download the Body Shop from my Hard Drive. Now I'm wondering how to use the Body Shop on Mac because I don't even have Paint!:worried: :irked:

7. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL Paint is pretty crappy to be honest.

Paint Shop Pro is the best of the budget graphics software packages (trial version can be downloaded)

But if you want free and fully functional then go for www.gimp.org (they do have a Mac OSX version) GIMP is an acronym consisting of the recursive GNU acronym + Image Manipulation Program ... maybe ... :rolleyes:

8. angelofec1

angelofec1 New Member

body shop

Ok, I just read about the body shop thing and thought I'd give it a try. Well, to tell the truth, I SUCK at it. I got the eyecolor...I did step by step what JohnEZ said to do and it worked. I only had the 3 things to choose from. However...any hair I try to work on there's, like, a billion and I don't know which to choose. I have Photoshop and any of them I pick and save don't show up in my body shop saved project folder. What am I doing wrong? :confused: Someone HELP ME!!

9. danom8

danom8 New Member

Do Not use Microsoft Paint, the only area it is functional is recolouring.
    I use Ulead Photo Impact 5, I got it FREE with a graphics tablet I bought and I use it more than the tablet, it's old but it's great.

An alternetive program I use is Poject Dogwaffle, It's affordable and works great with TS2 Bodyshop!

10. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Just a reminder danom8 to please look at the date of the thread before posting on it. This one was back from May; we try not to resurect dead threads here.

11. sims2

sims2 New Member

I havent got gimp or anything and i didnt think those were really needed as the downloads are saved onto the desktop if need be. nd go stright onto the game.
    However i do have photoshop 7.0.