Troubleshooting Unable to Intall

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by thechamblees, Mar 14, 2005.

1. thechamblees

thechamblees New Member

Unable to Intall

Help Please! I recently bought the Sims 2 for PC I installed it on my mother inlaws computer when I first got it. When I left to come back home to Germany I uninstalled it and tried to install it on my home computer. When I reach about 47% of the install on disc two this error appears "A problem occured when trying to transfer the file 'TSData\Res\Sound\Pop.package' from the media. Do you want to retry to copy the file or cancel the installation?"

When I press retry it never works. I've pushed it many times. Please let me know what the probelm is. I spent 50 bucks on this game and now it won't even download on my computer. I hope somebody knows what is wrong. Thank you so much!:confused:

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Have you examined the disc? It might have a small surface defect or dirt mark that either did not affect installation the first time around or else has happened since it was first installed. A second and very remote possibility might have to do with language issues. If you bought the game in the US it might not be willing to install itself on a German PC. To be honest this is a problem that you need to take up with EA games. Try this page for information: http://techchat.ea.com:4080/rnw/othersupport-germany.html

3. thechamblees

thechamblees New Member

Do you and an american link for the website you listed before. I am an american. We only live in Germany because my husband is in the US Army. The computer that we have is an american PC. Thank you for your help!

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Sorry. I didn't know. By "german" I meant that the Windows installation was in German. I suggest then that you consult game's handbook/manual/instruction book for the telephone numbers and other contact information for US tech support.

5. anglmp33

anglmp33 New Member

help

I am having the same problem,,, did you ever figure out what was wrong????? Please help,,,,,,, thanks so much,,,,
    :confused:

6. Nobody975

Nobody975 New Member

I'm having this same problem as well. I have NO idea why or how to fix it. But my problem is with disc 1. It's unreadable. I've tried to make a .iso image of it and it won't even work....Can someone help us?

7. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

How old are your computers?

8. Nobody975

Nobody975 New Member

Mine is a Dell 8200....But I've installed it one here before. I just had to reformat my laptop a couple days ago, and now it won't install...

My dad's pc won't read it right either though.. His is brand new! Not even a year old....

I finally got it!! I don't know if there is an answer to this, I just kept cleaning and trying and it eventually worked...(After like a million times!)

9. denissesang

denissesang New Member

unable to install

I'm currently having the same Problem with an EA Link download I purchased. It's actually for H&M Fashion expansion pack. It starts to install and then an error message appears saying:

A problem occurred when trying to transfer the file 'TSData\Res\Sound\Pop.package' from the media.

This computer is brand new. And sending EA a message didn't get me anywhere.

Any suggestions?

10. ShinkuEX

ShinkuEX New Member

I'm also having the same problem. It's with "TSData\Res\Sound\Techno.package" on disc 4.

Um... help? Please? :cry:

11. eukodol

eukodol New Member

Solution

I was having the exact same problem. I think the disk was defective. But I tried a manual installation and it worked perfectly. You can get the instructions for a manual installation here.

Good luck.

12. SnakeSammy

SnakeSammy New Member

I've got that problem to.
    I've tried the things you said but nothing is working.
    What can I do now:confused: