Troubleshooting NEED HELP (DirectX 9.0c)

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Hater KILLA, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Hater KILLA

Hater KILLA New Member

NEED HELP (DirectX 9.0c)

My SIMS 2 sort of completed but wont load up, it says something like DirectX 9.0c isnt detected and so on and so forth, well what does this mean and how do i fix it? I DOLOADED something off Download.com called DirectX 9.0c and nothing happened pleez help:ermm:

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

WHat sort of graphics card do you have?

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I just checked. The download from download.com is an executable file. So it needs to be double clicked for it to run and install the directx files.

If that isn't the problem then you will need to make sure that your video display device drivers are as up to date as possible. This post explains how to do that

4. Hater KILLA

Hater KILLA New Member

Mine says could find no DirectX compatible graphics drivers, Please make sure ...blah blah blah, this application will now terminate

I downloaded that, I downloaded that graphics update like the instructions one of yall said, I moved directX to system32....NOTHING same message after The Sims2 logo pops up for 2 to 3 seconds

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition(5.1, Build 2600)
    System Model: OptiPlex GX 100
    Processor: Intel Celeron 590MHz
    DirectX version: DirectX 9.0c

also heres what I downlaoded [font=Arial,helvetica]1. [/font][font=Arial,helvetica]Graphics Driver [WIN2K_XPE67.EXE, WIN2K_XPM67.EXE][font=Arial,helvetica] (4398KB)[/font][/font][font=Arial,helvetica]6.7[/font][font=Arial,helvetica]8/23/2002[/font][font=Arial,helvetica]Download [/font][font=Arial,helvetica]Intel(R) 815 and Intel 810 chipset family graphics driver. Supports Windows* 2000 and Windows* XP.[/font]

btw I unzipped all the files from that DirectX download

5. Hater KILLA

Hater KILLA New Member

I went to Microsoft.com, downloaded the DirectX update, still same message

6. Hater KILLA

Hater KILLA New Member

I called the tech support, I have560MHz, i need 800, how do I get that

7. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Please allow 24hrs to pass before bumping a post.

8. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

560Mhz is the clock speed of your pc's central processor chip. It's time for you to buy a new computer. Sorry. :ermm: