Troubleshooting need more MHz

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Hater KILLA, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Hater KILLA

Hater KILLA New Member

need more MHz

I called the tech support, I have560MHz, i need 800, how do I get that

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

by buying a new CPU :)

3. Hater KILLA

Hater KILLA New Member

are u foreal, thats BS, isnt there another way?

4. ManagerJosh

MHz is hardware. Not software

5. Hater KILLA

Hater KILLA New Member

well cant u buy hardware and install it in ur PC

6. ManagerJosh

Yes, and that's why I said you need to buy a new CPU. CPU = Hardware.

It also occured to me that you will probably have to buy a new motherboard as well, and new memory.

7. Hater KILLA

Hater KILLA New Member

so in other words to play a $50 game im gonna spend hundreds of dollars

8. ManagerJosh

well you are going to have to upgrade sooner or later. As technology progresses, so does software that will take advantage of those progresses

9. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

The current games on the market such as Half-life, Dawn of War, TS2 and the others which are coming out, pretty much require that you have a computer which has at least 2.0ghz to your processor. When tech support says you need to have at least 800mhz, it means that if you have to have a T&L video card (and not any sort of integrated card or older card such as a Radeon 7000, Geforce 2 or any of the cards which are not either a Radeon or Geforce card).

Most of the computers by Dell, HP and the other common manufacturers even new won't play the newer games. They are meant for business or education use (such as for word processing, surfing the internet, doing email, making spread sheets, etc.) which don't require much in the way of grahics ability. The newer games really need to have a fast processor, lots of RAM (at least 512mb but usually a gb is better) and a good video card. Otherwise the games just limp along.

It's one of the hazards of new games.