How Do I Adding your own music to the game?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Junior, Apr 2, 2005.

1. Junior

Junior New Member

Adding your own music to the game?

Has anyone added their own MP3's to the game as a 'radio station', I've tried but although the file is there in C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Music it's not showing in the game. Any advice???

Ta
    Junior

2. Junior

Junior New Member

I'm sorry I meant to post this in the 'How do I?' forum, not sure if a mod wants to move it, & slap my wrists of course!!!! :p

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Are you sure that you have placed mp3 files in the appropriate sub-directories of the My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Music folder? It is quite easy for Windows to allow you to do no more than create shortcuts. The game won't recognise those, unlike the original game ... more's the pity. :(

4. Rongaryen

Rongaryen New Member

After you add the mp3's to the station you want, you have to go in the Audio Options and check the songs you want to play on that radio station.

5. Leticron

Leticron New Member

the added songs are usually checked automatically
    you'd rather check off the 4 or 5 build in songs per sender otherwise your songs might well be there but never actually play since the game keeps circeling through the build in stuff

-le

6. DexTripp

DexTripp New Member

Good to know

7. Ken Slade

Ken Slade Sims Beginner

:(

right, didnt know where to post so just thought, i'd reply to this, how do i get my music files into the correct folder.

where is the correct folder,

in EA GAMES - then where, Please i need the idiots guide lol.

8. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Hey, Ken. Did you read message number 3 (above)? Hint: this message is number 8.

9. jaxo13

jaxo13 New Member

my problem is that I've put the files into the folders, but when i go to the audio options to check them off, they aren't there...

can someone tell me why?

10. dangerousgem

dangerousgem New Member

Grab the 'Lucas Sims 2 Manager' from Aussie Topenders HERE
    Its got a Music manager, so all you have to do is add the mp3's to the music category you want them in and when you start up your game they'll be in there.