I want her to take his name!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Kristalrose, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

I want her to take his name!

If I have to fire up simsPE, I will. (been using it again off and on since they released a new version, but still a little nervous) Here's the deal:

Tina Jerry married that Calvin guy fresh out of college. Another old flame,
    Tiberious Spock, was just a freshman at the time. He was a big geek with the ponytail hair and had waaaayyyy too many alien posters in his dorm room. But he was madly in love with Tina. Even after she married Calvin and started having children, Ti just kept pining away for her. Well, Calvin died. Ti went to console her and got her pregnant. So, I spent all night last night getting Ti ready to be a good husband for Tina. They became engaged. I changed his hair and his clothes, nice leather jacket and blue jeans now. When he became a junior I changed his aspiration from "knowledge" to "family". I just kept teaching him cooking and cleaning skills. He was annoying the cafeteria cook because he kept cooking!! :p I even let him sew some wild oats with a little blonde cheerleader named Nikki. LOL So Ti finally graduated, and he's in my family bin for the neighborhood.

Now, I want them to get married at her house because she has a nice house. I don't want them to loose any of the aspiration rewards I have set up, some of them being Calvin's. I want to see how Calvin's ghost reacts when Tina moves Ti into his place. But I want Tina to take his name, and the baby on the way to have Ti's last name. So, anyone know how I can do that? Or, just use the SimsPE?:cheeky: I'd rather do it with legitimate game play, if you know what I mean.

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Hi Kristal. Maybe this would work ... get Ti to move in then get him to propose marriage to her. He should keep his name on moving in ... tho' I am not sure about that. Maybe you could try it (without doing any saves) to see what happens. If his last name changes then just don't save the game, go back to before he moved in.

I'm pretty sure that using the neighbourhood move sims in button doesn't change the last names either. It doesn't at the campuses, so I don't se why it would in the hoods. As for marriage the couple take the name of the first one in the wedding arch (or the sim who proposes marriage if they are doing it on the cheap ... :rolleyes: )

3. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

OOOOOhh!! Okay, I didn't know they took on the name of the 1st one who goes to the wedding arch. I thought that it was controlled by who's household they joined! Thanks Mirelly!! :) I'll let you know how the wedding turned out. :)

4. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

5. ijRoberts

ijRoberts New Member

I think I read on the official boards that if you are using the wedding arch, it's the sim you use to click the arch to start the wedding that will determine the last name (the active sim's name will be the family name).

But first to the arch sounds fun too! A mad dash to the arch to see who gets to carry the family name! =)

6. J. M. Pescado

Nothing so amusing. It's always the one who clicks the arch....unless you use the little toy above, which makes it consistent and not a subjective thing.

7. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Well that's what I meant, anyway. The one who clicks the arch is (within my quirky definition of simulated reality) the first to reach it. :rolleyes:

8. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Well, it worked!! Boy, did I have a he!! of a time, though!! When I started out gameplay, The bride was asleep. She sat up in bed and suffered the mysterious choking death!! So I had to wait on the social worker to take the kids, then start over. LOL I paused the game as soon as the house loaded, put in merola's painting, then refreshed everyone's needs in the house. Then pushed "play" at which time Tina (the bride) promptly got out of bed and choked to death again!! So I tried again, this time also spawing the tombstone of life and death and moving in Tiberious (the groom). She died again!!! Finally, I moved the entire family out of the house. (the exact thing I didn't want to do!) But it worked, Tina survived the move. I moved Tiberious in, brought up a wedding arch, had him select it as the active sim, they said "I do", Tina Jerry became Tina Spock, and they now have a lovely baby girl named Taylor Spock. :) Dontcha just love happy endings? This was 4 hours of gameplay, folks. :( I'll post some pics if you want to see when I get home tonight. I'm at work now.

JMP, thanks for the mod. I might download it when I get off work tonight. I have been using your "Macro Socialize" and your "No cheering" and your "shorter shoping" mods and love them. :)

9. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Well it's good to know that you managed to rescue the situation, Kristal, but your losing the house wasn't so good.

It's a shame that there are no hacks or mods to reverse an imminent death.

10. ijRoberts

ijRoberts New Member

Ugh, sounds like a case of terrible "save timing" to me!

I had the same thing happen with one of my Sims, I saved just micro-seconds before he got abducted. I didn't notice he'd been using the telescope, so when I found him, I saved the game in case it DID happen. So, it did, of course, and when I went back into the house after not saving, it was too late, I wasn't able to cancel the command before being abducted again. lol

11. J. M. Pescado

No Cheering was updated to fix some really old issues since it was written aeons ago, so you may want to snarf the new one.

12. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

Where do you get the micro socialize thing J.M. made? Also is it University compatible?

13. J. M. Pescado

14. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

I downoladed all those hacks on Sunday. Have you updated the 'No Cheering" hack since then, JMP?

15. Angelyne

Angelyne New Member

That happened to me once, so I just reloaded the game and pleaded with the reaper until I found a strategy that worked.

16. J. M. Pescado

Did you try deletion? Maybe it would have prevented the phantom choking death if you had deleted the sim before it took effect.

17. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Ooh that's a good idea!

18. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

No!!!!!!! I never thought of that either.

She was in the early stages of pregnancy. There was nothing else wrong with her. It was like the choking death I experienced before. Those sims (I had a whole rash of them in the span of a couple of weeks) had not been ill, either, but had been at a party where someone in the house had been using the medical reward. Since then I haven't used that, becuase I thought that might have been what caused the mass murder.

Do you think it's a bug or do you think that this is some sort of intentional "surprise" that Maxis threw in? I know they might have thought it was cool, but I don't think it's quite funny to kill off pregnant mothers!!:mad:

19. J. M. Pescado

I believe it's an unintentional surprise that Maxis decided to adopt as a feature, because the mysterious choking death was alluded to in some developer chat that I never listen to anyway, because they tend to be full of lies, half-truths, and propaganda. Also, they always evade all of the useful questions in favor of answering moronic queries about Bella Goth and cupcakes, anyway.