Spore What Do You Want To See In Spore

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by ManagerJosh, May 3, 2005.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

What Do You Want To See In Spore

What do you want to see in spore? :)

2. boca jay

boca jay New Member

I expect it to have a lot of customization. They need to think of the possiblilties here! This game could be over the top! example:

alright so you have just concurred your own galaxy, you have thousands of planets colonized and millions of (insert name of your race here) on each planet. You have thousands of patrol ships and gun ships throughout your galaxy and you are able to destroy any resistance from rebel planets. You have over 200 different designs of space ships that all have different purposes (imagine starwars and startrek, think of all the different ships!) You have contacts with another galaxy that becomes your ally you establish trade routes and military compatablility. You both decide to take over another galaxy which turns out to have only creatures in the civilization stage they are easy to defeat but have contacts with another intelligent civilization from a galaxy far far away. The defending galaxy asks for help from the intelligent one. It turns out that it is far superior than your civilization. It sends one large ship in to your home galaxy (almost 1/3 of the size of your home galaxy) and is able to sweep all planets of life and destroys all ships that show signs of resistance. The same thing happens to your allies galaxy. This leaves you the only option to recolonize a nearby galaxy where you and your ally will grow and plan to band as many civilizations together to defeat this far superior civilization.

and i also thought it would be awesome to create almost like clans but bands of civilizations that have diplomacy. so my question is who wants to join the dark side?? muuuhahahahahaha

3. PirateStrangler

PirateStrangler Almighty Lord of Suck

alright, i kinda like the above guy's idea but he kinda scared me. i'd like for them to have a filter so that when you see other people's creations you dont see something with like a 100 boobs and penises, because people do that. unless of course you're into that thing, then by all means turn off the filter, but i dont wanna see it. i'd also like to be able not just customize the way it looks but different adaptations and abilities, like a bat's sonar or an octopus's color changing. i'd also like to be able to continue to upgrade the way my creature looks with out a cut off to move to sentient beings. make em as big as i want them to be.

4. Hari Seldon

Hari Seldon New Member

Maybe players could import any graphics, etc. from anywhere.

For example:
    A player can create their own technology, instead of just using the predefined tech, so:

a player wants a black hole generator to destroy a world or even a sun. He takes a gun graphic, imports it, defines that as the black hole generator, and then adds a particle-near-lightspeed graphic to smash into the object to create the black hole.

5. Doomstrom

Doomstrom #1 Spore Fan

Yes but the game would have to have scripting for all of the things possible to import. Of course, this list is endless, so it is impossible :ermm:

6. Nordberg

Nordberg New Member

I read somewhere that Will said that he imagined this as a "Mass Singleplayer Online Game" (MSOG). I guess when you play the game, it goes through the database and pulls other creatures that other people have created and puts them in your universe. As the game progresses, you have the ability to visit these creatures by using the UFO. Then you can destroy these civilizations or planets that they are on.

I think it would be cool to see how many times people have killed my race. Give some stats on that, like "your race has been killed 22 times. 10 by planet inilation, 12 by planet takeover." Then it could give you what the race looks like and the user that killed your race. This could be means for revenge.

I think this would help people out, by having them look at their race's weeknesses, and improving their strengths.

7. jowo

jowo New Member

birds or flying animals of sorts. The ability to create more than one species and evolve it right the way through

8. jowo

jowo New Member

I think we're safe from penises because I think only the good content gets into your game + theres going to be plenty of material already there