Spore If You Interviewed Will Wright About Spore....

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by ManagerJosh, May 3, 2005.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

If You Interviewed Will Wright About Spore....

What would you ask? :)

2. reignofevil

reignofevil Spore mod v2.434543

I would ask can I have the latest copy of the game .

3. mkire

mkire New Member

i need one?

i'd ask him if there was any possible chance that i could beta for him, if not i'd go home and preorder spore, along with Dukenukem Forever

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I'd want to know if the multi-player element would be a free service (similar to the TS2 exchange) or will we be expected to sign up and pay (like TSO)

5. Chris

Chris New Member

Ah, that's a very good point...

6. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL there's an additional point to that as well. Online multi-player games should be throuroughly beta tested to work with the maximum number of firewalls and anti-virus protection. It's no longer appropriate for games makers to instruct players to turn off firewall and anti-virus protection. WW makes much of Spore being less heavy on "content" compared to, say, TS2. I'd like to know if he will be emphasising the online safety concerns regarding the multi-player environment and that he plans to leave room in the min sys reqs for firewall protection.

7. reignofevil

I could imagin the multyplayer put 2 human players in a uneverse and they must find eachother and DESTROY eachother .

8. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I have a problem with those kinds of games in general. Why can't they heal each other, or fall in love, or go shopping? :D

Thank goodness for the Sims.

9. reignofevil

Wow somone else post here !!!!!!!!
    and yes thank goodness or the sims .

10. Clawe

Clawe New Member

I would most likley ask game related questions, i have about 15 so ill list 1.

Can you evolve into an amphibian and become space fairing, if so would underwater cities still need a dome?

and in a related question

Can you evolve a race that can survive space like Starcraft has the Zerg? In real life there is a species called the Water Bear, a microscopic creature that can freeze in space, then when heated, comes back like nothing happened.

11. jared798

jared798 New Member

I'm not sure if I mis intertrepted some of you but Spore (from what I read) is not massively multiplayer online. Instead, if someone creates a new species it is uploaded to a server, which then your game willl download and import into your game. So if someone created a certain species and it was uploaded, then you managed to find it, and killed it when the other person went to play Spore there species would be exactly how they left it. It's a single player game with user created content that is constantly being downloaded! All of the uploads/downloads (I think) happen while in game without you needing to do anything. Did that make sense?
    Unless you know something I don't... from what i have read there is no actual multiplayer element where you play directly against other players...

12. Doomstrom

Doomstrom #1 Spore Fan

I think everyone knows that, it's called asynchrenous multiplayer. Not sure thats the right spelling, but you get my drift :)
    It is one hell of a good idea, and they are wondering if it costs :)

13. jowo

jowo New Member

Are the senses of the creature taken into account? If you dont give your creature eyes will it bump into walls? If it does matter that there are senses what parts will spore have for your creature to see the world. Will it have anteni or wiskers for example.
    can you create multiple creatures? Can you make creatures outside the game as you can make sims outside the game in the sims 2?

Will you involve winged creatures?
    What modifications can you make to vehicles and can you change what your UFO looks like?
    Is this going to be one of those games where if you make a mistake early on then you have t pay for it ages later?
    Will you be able to place and create your own planets?

14. reignofevil

Alrighty then ill try and answer.
    1 dont know.
    2 most likely.
    3 well if will lets us evolve whenever you want I should think not.
    4 I am not sure.....

15. jowo

jowo New Member

I found out the awnsers to some of my own question. There will be winged creatures (land based settlements) you can modify the UFO and you can make wheels walky things etc for the vehicles. still nothing on the last 2 though