Spore What Would You Do To Improve Spore?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by ManagerJosh, May 3, 2005.

1. OinkUsed2BABunny

OinkUsed2BABunny Perma-banned.

HA! Like a certain little girlie's powers are great enough to silence the Oinkster. :rolleyes:

Um, to keep from going off topic in yet another thread, I still want Mr. Wright to focus more on the 5 different stages of the game before launch. If done right, it will be a revolutionary game in more ways than one. It'll be as if you have yourself a free flash game (primordial soup stage), an RPG/Neopet builder type game (hunter/hunted stage), an Age of Empires/Empire Earth type game (village and city stages), and an EvE Online/Freelancer/Star Wars type game (galactic conquest stage) all rolled into one. Just talking about it gets me pumped, even more so than TES:Oblivion does. This will be a sweet year for gamers like us.

I would also like for the art direction to steer more towards being realistic than cartoonish. I've liked The Wind Waker and WoW despite their less than ideal graphical designs, but I just can't imagine myself as the ruthless destroyer of worlds when my creatures and vehicles look like they were plucked right out of a Playskool play set. >.<

2. jowo

jowo New Member

I havent seen winged creatures. Also if you could add excretion points. Nothing graphic just when your creature has a poo you can make it come out where you like just a bit of toilet humour. maybe floating cities
    Also you should be able to edit your creature when ever you like. Mr Maxis (cant remember his actual name) said that the evolution game stopped when you get to rts mode

3. reignofevil

reignofevil Spore mod v2.434543

Did he ? I never heard him say that I am fairly sure you can evolve whenever you like if you have the evo points for it.

4. jowo

jowo New Member

nah he said that at the rts mode the creature is set but you can evolve with the ufo as well so aslong as you dont buy the big brain straight away you should have enough time to play with evolution

5. reignofevil

reignofevil Spore mod v2.434543

Wel I already know what I am going to make.

6. artistvrd

artistvrd SporeMasterArti

I would definately do something about getting mroe than one UFO, but if Maxis pulls it off, by just using one UFO, then that's ok. Also space phase expansion! I would really like to see fleets of spaceships and space stations as well.

7. SimsScape

SimsScape Rocker but not Roller

Will Wright didn't mention anything about these at E3, so i'll say them.
    You should be able to control the population of your creature, decide if they're everywhere or hard to find. Also, they should have preset creatures you can use, such as squirrels, birds, monkeys, etc. And they need to improve the contact detection. When they showed it at E3, the creatures forearms constantly disappeared into the ground. We see this a lot, but this is the new generation of video games. It should be out the window by now.

8. DorianDelphio

DorianDelphio New Member

i would like a map of some kind to find your way back to your home city/tribe/planet the galexy (and maybe the planet) is too large to find your way home

and we might not have magic fingers to call a cab for a pick up to bring us back home.

ps. E.T. idiot