Did anyone ask for a car?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Chee-Z, May 19, 2005.

1. Chee-Z

Chee-Z The Go-Kart Mozart

2. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

This is completely unsubstantiated lies and propaganda about a presently nonexistent product. Pay no attention to it. I bet you thought you'd have actual graduation parties, too?

3. Chee-Z

Chee-Z The Go-Kart Mozart

Yeah considering this is coming from E3, I'm skeptical. Seems too good to be true---how can they go for ages without introducing alternate transportation and then whamo! They find an outlet to introduce buying a car. My sims would be too poor to own one, and they'd probably have to share one if there were multiple Sims in a household. And don't get me started on garages... -_-'

4. fuzzy_ferret_luver

fuzzy_ferret_luver New Member

So it's not real? But I looked on the official Sims 2 website at the Nightlife expansion pack pictures, and it had that picture there:confused:

5. Brahbech

Brahbech New Member

You really don't like Sims 2, do you?

You can have a graduation party if you want to. The only problem is that only the sim thowing the party is dressed in the expected way.

Best regards,
    Boerge

6. Brahbech

Brahbech New Member

I am just excited about how Nightlife is going to do to the Sims 2 and University.

When it comes to cars, it looks like a logical approach if Nightlife is supposed to offer some answers to the question of where the teenagers go when they go or sneak out. In those cases a teenager is picked up by another teenager driving a car. Furthermore, some community lots in La Fiesta Tech University have parking spaces for cars.

For the time being I take nothing for granted until I have got and played with Nightlife. I just wonder how much space might be needed for a driveway or a garage on residental lots and where I can possibly make parking space at the community lots with little free space accessible from the road.

Best regards,
    Boerge

7. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

Whether it's real or it's not, I'm just looking forward to the features that Nightlife will offer. Sure, cars would be great, but I'm not going to die if they aren't there. :)

8. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Well, there were lots of features that TS2 promised but then didn't deliver. Having the weather change was the main one that comes to mind. :eek: So I believe that is what JMP is aluding to.

I think that it will be kindof cool. What I 'm hoping for is a time saver. Right now I have my sim call a cab, then try to find some busywork for him or her to do that keeps them close to the curb, or else by the time the taxi shows up they have wandered off to eat or watch tv. :rolleyes:

Anyone else think that their sims are completely ADD??

9. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

I completely agree with you about the Sims being ADD... which is why I play with Free Will off. :p ;)

Of course now my sims just stand around like idiots, but it's better than having to cancel all their actions. :)

10. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

When you consider that the decision-making "AI" of sims ultimately amounts to "Ooh! Shiny!", is this really a surprise?

11. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Arrrgghhh to free will

I usually don't play with free will off because I want the sims to do some things on their own, it makes the game more interesting to me when their lives aren't exactly perfect and they go do something that surprises me. But last night I almost turned it off. :(

I installed a pool table in my Sorority House. The party-girls there have lots of things to play with: comptuer, TV, hot tub, pool, music to dance to. They just kept crowding around the pool table! When someone came over to party, they made a bee-line straight for the pooltable! I didn't want to delete the pool table because it is the very nice pink one from WDS, I built the room especially for it, decorated it to match, ETC. But, Geeze, People, there is more to life than playing pool!! I couldn't even get the romance sims to woo hoo!!! :mad:

12. Brahbech

Brahbech New Member

Kristalrose,

I share your opinion on free will.

I have almost only played with dorms at the university. Besides the pool table other favorites to the students in my dorms were the swing set and music instruments. In fact, the swing set was more popular than the pool table.

Best regards,
    Boerge

13. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

You mean that you don't have graduation parties?

My Sims have had some rockin' graduation parties. (A lot like their house parties, sports parties and toga parties, but with graduation robes instead of togas.)

14. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Oh, I have to agree about the swingsets being far more problematic than the pool table. I've even tried putting them in the farthest corner of the lot hoping that the "advertisement" of the pool table would be attenuated by the distance. No such luck. I've been deleting them from my lots (even though I'm sure JMP has a hack/mod for the problem. I just don't want to be overloaded with hacks/mods if there is an alternative.)