Darn chef

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Definitive_Prankster, May 28, 2005.

1. Darn chef

Hi all

In my dorm my chef got stuck in front of the oven, so my sims had to start cooking themselves after I bought a new oven.

He was getting on my nerves, and I wasn't enjoying having to pay for food supplies (or am I wrong btw, am i paying for the food the chef makes in my letter box bills?), so I, ummmm don't judge me..., I put desks around him, started a tv dinner then ran for it while it was still in the oven...

His screams still haunt me, but at least I now have a new chef (and my knowledge sim might get to see a ghost).
    BUT, my new chef won't cook anything. He just lounges/plays guitar/sits on the sofa...

Any ideas why? My guess was that the kitchen has to be in an exact layout to make it a servng station, and when i rebuilt after the fire I didn't qiuite get it right. Am I correct? Any idea how to fix this or am I doomed to cook?

2. Farkwind

Farkwind New Member

lol i dunno could be the Layout of the kitchen but it sounds to me like its just a lazy chef maybe u sould kill him off too

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Yeah you have a major problem there. Move out any sims and then delete the whole thing and start over with a new dorm. If the chef got stuck there was probably a reason why and the safest solution would have been simply to delete him so that the game could re-spawn a new chef. What you have dones has probably left the game with a lot of insoluble route blockages ... ie the new chef probably can't get to the cooker because because the original chef is still "in the way" (even tho' he is actually dead!)

4. Thanks for the advice y'all.

The oven that chef 1 used is useable by my sims now he is gone, so I don't think it's that.

I am in my 3rd year now so can't delete the house (too much hassle, and my sims are well off so can afford the food). I will just put it down to weird sims happenings.

Btw, I am now on chef 7 (why do they keep coming?!?) as I have torched the last 6. I keep thinking 'it's just one more life... then it'll all be over... just one more...' but it never is...

5. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I had a similar problem with nannies. I ended up with three, and they tried to kill the baby, so I moved the family out. It's a bug with the "help." I never use nannies anymore.

Unless your chef starts doing things that might endanger your college sims (like constant fires), you can either live with it or move them out.

Moving them out converts everything they bought into simoleans, as far as I can tell, so you don't really have that much to lose by switching dorms. That's what I'd do, unless you're just having fun killing chefs.