How Do I they always get away with it!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by idigvolleyball5, May 31, 2005.

1. idigvolleyball5

idigvolleyball5 Rubber Duckie Of Doom

they always get away with it!

:mad: whenever i've gotten robbed, the alarm system catches them and calls the police. they get into a fight which all my sims watch. but the robber always wins! should i call the police department as soon as i hear the burgular music or am i just unlucky? :mad: :confused:

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Oh dear! That is sooo unlucky. I had a burglar get away once and I was so mad I nearly said a rude word. :p If you have an alarm the police come automatically, it's just bad luck if the perp beats the poop out of the cop and gets away.

3. Jiko

Jiko Lab Specimen Collector

missing alarms

This has happened to me more than once: a burglar comes and the alarm doesn't go off! I'm so upset and frantically looking for the alarm and ready to sue the manufacturer! I have to call the police, the burglar steals a bunch of stuff and gets away anyway and where's my alarm?! It always turns out that I had remodeled and expanded rooms and deleted the alarm and forgot. My bad.

4. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

you need to put an alarm in each ground floor room with a door... never seem to have a problem when I do that.

5. sim024

sim024 New Member

Well, idigvolleyball's problem isn't that the alarm doesn't go off.. the problem is that the burglar always beats the cop in a fight which lets him get away with it.

idigvolleyball, it's happened to me more than once. Weak cop. *rolls eyes* Haha, I'm not sure what else you can do since you can't control the weakness and strength of the cop. You could try calling the cops in addition to the call the alarm made to see if that would help. Maybe two cops will show up at your door then. I haven't tried it myself, but it seems to be a valid theory.

6. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I also had a theory that the weak cop scenario is tied to whether any sims in the 'hood are high up in the police career ... it was fanciful but it forced me to drive one sim up to superhero status :rolleyes:

7. latmere1

latmere1 Blah Blah

wen a burglar comes go into build mode and build a wall around him. i havent tried it but it sounds rite

8. Brahbech

Brahbech New Member

I don't think so. In the most reason occasion I had a burglar get away from the police, it happened to a family with a female vice squad, as far as I recall. Even she was close to the fight, she did not interfere - or even watched the fight. She just started playing dart...

By the way, according to the Prima Game Guide for Sims 2, the main porpose of the burglary alarm is not having the burglar caught. The main porpose is preventing the burglar from stealing anything.

Best regards,
    Boerge

9. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

doesn't the game kill buy and build modes?

10. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

:p that's what I thought, Flamey.