uggh...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by slimsim, Jun 21, 2005.

1. slimsim

slimsim Often-Idle Member

uggh...

After leaving Worldsims after a while of looking thru posts, moving, and lounging, I headed over to sims.stratics.com. (The Sims Online message boards). After not heading over there for a while, I clicked around and was APPAULED at the amount of posts that were short, little things that should be flashing "USER TRYING TO GET POST COUNT UP!! DELETE!!". The mods there have been known to remove stuff if it contains an improperly spellen word, Over there, there have been THREADS that have started "I "Luff" (Who knows what that means) Trish"
    Then the rest of the posts "Me Too!!!". Then I come back here, where if someone posted that, it would be considered Spam, and deleted.

Why does a board that The Sims Online sends everyone to have worse rules that one that it doesnt?

Okay, I got it all out :p

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Because we don't really have any incentives for people to get their post counts very high :p

3. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

Indeed :) The question is, what incentives can someone really give for high post counts? Aside from.... well.... a post count :p

4. wize_guy123

wize_guy123 A ***** Retiree

Say I post in this thread 3 times.. because I forgot to get something in there.. even though I knew I could edit my post. thats called spam.. The other thing about misspelled words.. It can irritate me if someoen continues to misspell something in a single post. :D

5. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Geeze, I'm glad I don't hang out over there. I'd feel like the only one with a brain cell in my head. I "Luff" Trish? What th'. . . I didn't even know it was that "therious" LMAO. I'm glad we don't have the post count "contest", either. A board I used to post on did that, and one lady would always post little emoticons when she didn't have a legitimate reply. You know, someone makes a joke she's click on "quote" and then put the laughing emoticon. They also had one that was a smiley holding an "I agree" sign. She uses that one alot. They all tease her about being the "post count" queen.

See, Slim, there are worse things than people posting questions in the wrong forums or going off topic. :D :p :rolleyes: