How Do I twin cheats?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by idigvolleyball5, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. idigvolleyball5

idigvolleyball5 Rubber Duckie Of Doom

twin cheats?

i have noticed that if i put in an invalid cheat, the cheat entry box gets bigger and shows a lot of things. if I put in a valid cheat, everything is normal. I have triend twinzr2cute many, many times, but it nevery works and has the reaction of an invalid cheat. am I doing somthing wrong, or is that cheat code just faulty. If so, then what is a good cheat for twins! please help!:confused:

2. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I know that's not the right cheat. I'm not sure what it is but I'm pretty sure that's not it. I know there's a list of valid cheats somewhere, but since I don't use them I don't know where to find it.

You could try typing "Sims 2 twin cheat" on your favorite search engine. I'll bet you'd get a nibble.

Re: the box. The same thing happens to me if I mistype something. It's not permanent.

3. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

The twins cheat is a hoax. As far as I know, it does not work. Neither does the "cookie diet."

4. Jiko

Jiko Lab Specimen Collector

The cookie diet doesn't work??! NOW you tell me!

5. surprised_by_witches

**Munch** **munch** **munch** ... What?

6. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Twins can only occur in the game randomly (about 10%, although they do tend to run at a higher percentage in some of the Sim families).

They cannot occur from any cheat (including TwinsRCute, intpropchanceoftwins 100 or any variation on that), or from anything that you do to your Sims such as feed them cookies, spaghetti or any other thing.

The rumor that cheats, cookies or the like cause twins started because of a joke in the chats from some of the Maxis Producers. Since that time Maxis quite clearly told us SimMasters that it was *only* a joke. (Note: I'm SimMaster Anubis over on the official site.)

Anyone saying that they have proved that one of the cheats works either has one of the gamemods/hacks in their game, or they are failing to understand how many times something can happen in a row and have still be considered random.

Its a fluke or coincidence or the like. If you understand the mathematics of statistics you know that youd have to try the exact same thing more times than any Simmer would want to try to actually prove it.

As I mentioned, it can happen if you have hacks/mods in your game. If you look in your downloads for the following mods and remove them, your game should go back to normal. (If it doesnt, then I am missing some of the mods that are out there.)

triplets&quadsmod_v2_2a_Random Only.package

triplets&quadsmod_v2_2a.package

Twins-only.package

7. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

If you do an internet search, you'll come up with a lot of "nibbles" about twin cheats, all of them false.

As to the mistyping, you can get out of the cheat box by typing "exit". However, it will be open wide any time you open the box after that until the next time you open the game anew.

In fact, I deliberately put in a mistype when I'm doing multiple cheats at the same time (such as motherlode) so that I don't have to keep opening the box each time. It just saves me a step and doesn't hurt the game. The only problem is that you can't tell if you've mistyped accidently after that.

8. surprised_by_witches

Thanks for clearing that up! It helps to have someone in the know. :)

9. gfo69

gfo69 New Member

I forget what forum I was at, since I am in so many. But one sure way that has worked for me every time to have twins is as soon as your sim is pregnant make her go like in the back yard and make her meditate the whole pregnancy. And every time I did it I got a set of twins. My only prob I have been trying to find where I seen it before (on what forum) and some of my sims I cant get them to meditate, seem not all of them can. Maybe its a skill thing, I don't know. But you have to click on the active sim that is pregnant and make sure you do meditate not yoga. She will stop every time for the 3 days of pregnancy and bloop out her belly but just stop her and make her start doing it again till day 3 when she gives birth. And I guarantee you will have twins. But I did download the twins and quad mod.hope I could help. Good Luck.:D

10. CassandraAdriana

CassandraAdriana New Member

Twins Cheat

Let your pregnant sim eat Cheese Cake it gives you twins.
    I've ried it many times and it always works for me.....coincident???? :D

11. cougargrad08

cougargrad08 New Member

6 kids at once.

The whole twins thing does not work. You totally have to just let nature take its course on the sims. My times playing I have a had three multiple births Two sets of girls and 1 set of boys. But today as I was playing angela pleasant was pregnant and I guess my game glitched because she gave birth to 6 children no lies. It consisted of 4 girls and 2 boys. I was kind of mad because i dont know how i am going to take care of all of them cause she already has one making a total of 7 children. It sucks dearly, does anyone have any advice for me on how to manage all 7 children plus Angela and her husband without children services coming to take my children from me. PLEASE HELP!!!

12. cougargrad08

cougargrad08 New Member

Thats cool I will try that. I have a question how do you get the mother to stay home three days after birth because mine always go straight to work.

13. FireKitty312

FireKitty312 New Member

...Okay.. Isn't that like... Unlikely because it's too many sims. 7 children + Angela + her husband = ...9!? ..Did you use a cheat to expand your household? Because yeah.... ...Only 8 simmies per household.

14. Shintoga

Shintoga Student of Simlish

So if you remove the twins mod, would your meditating trick still work?

15. FinalFantasy4ever

FinalFantasy4ever Oh where in the world...

I have had my sim meditate before and it doesnt always give me twins. its just a lot more convienient since you dont have to worry about the mother.
    are you sure there isnt a cheat for twins? cause if you type help it came up with a whole list of cheats and one was called forcetwins Course as mentioned earlier it could just be coincidence getting twins everytime with that i suppose.

16. Shintoga

Shintoga Student of Simlish

I know I'm probably going to get shot down in flames here for being stoopid, but isn't there a certain item of food or something (cheat code?) in OFB that does give you twins? Seems like something they would code into the game eventually, even if it was a joke at first. Correct me if I'm wrong, that's only what I've read on the 'official' site and I don't have the EP myself.

I read about that on moreawesomethanyou - apparently Angela can get stuck in a continuous birthing loop, though I've forgotten the specifics of why it happens. If you have University maybe you could, to take care of all the babies, move one of the adults out with a few babies, then maybe move in another Sim to help take care of the others with the father, or move someone else in then move them out again with some more babies. It's just a thought.

17. Nikadema

Nikadema New Member

If you have OFB, the only cheat it works (and I have done a lot of times) is forcetwins when your sim is pregnant. It works!

18. krazzy kezzy

krazzy kezzy foodlover

i dont get what the big fuss is about for getting twins ive had 5 pregnant women so far and 3 have had twins i dont want twins all the time i prefer 1 kid lol

19. sims2

sims2 New Member

Sometimes...if i put the cheat in the box will suddenly disapear...then it might go bigger like that..i can easily remove it...but its annoying when you have to keep brigning the box up and typing the cheat in over and over again.

20. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

If the cheat box disappears, that means the cheat worked. If the box gets bigger, that means you typed it in wrong or it's not a real cheat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.