Diary

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by babewithbrains_14, Jul 8, 2005.

1. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

Diary

I was just wondering - well, sims can write in their diaries, right? So shouldn't they be able to read them as well?

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL ... I think many of us have wondered what the point of a sim's diary is

3. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

LOL know exactly what you mean...

4. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

I burst out laughing hysterically the first time I saw one of my successful businessmen fathers writing in his diary--in his daughter's room, no less--and he clutched it to his chest in horror when she came in, with a thought bubble depicting her head with a red 'X' over it floating over his well-groomed pate of slicked back blonde hair. Maxis has such a strange, but nevertheless enjoyable sense of humor.

5. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

No kidding! I find it annoying when they do that because they're usually doing it when I something else in their queue to do.

I guess the point is just for the Sims to be able to do something fun (as they do raise that when writing.) And it is fun for us, as someone else mentioned when we see someone who otherwise seems to be a very serious person acting horrified that they were caught writing in a, gasp, diary!

6. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

The only actual function of the diary that I have noticed seems to be for sims to use it as an action in being encouraged to be more shy. That's a symptom of shyness? Well I never! :p

7. kuponutty

kuponutty Confused little moogle

Don't you think it would be funny if you could see siblings fighting to read each other's diary? That happens in my house!

8. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Yes, it would be funny if they hid it under their bed, or behind their backs like my daughter does ...

9. Chee-Z

Chee-Z The Go-Kart Mozart

Today, my sim Tidus, who is a grown army man no less, writing in a diary. He hid it from view of his elderly mother as she walked passed. There was even the red x thought bubble. :D He's shy and very nice, so that's expected of him. :rolleyes:

10. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

11. Zootyzoot

Zootyzoot Keeper of Broken FeltTips

It raises Social, as far as I'm aware, but that might just be in shy Sims.

12. surprised_by_witches

No, it works for brash ones too. I had a Leo mom who was low on social and the only one awake (everyone else was exhausted) so I had her write in her diary and it perked her right up ...

13. Chee-Z

My other nice Sim, Garrett, was writing in a diary, wearing a suit, in the bathroom, with the repairman working on the toilet. :confused:

14. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Too right, Chee-Z-O! (with the :confused::confused::confused:) ... :rolleyes: I mean any sim with money to burn on repairmen to unclog the toilet have got to be a fry or two short of a SuperSize meal. The only times I let mine call out the repairman is to fix the trash-masher. Boy does that thing give ya a nasty jolt! It's like a shot of quad-strength Red Bull with extra piss and vinegar ... or maybe I shouldn't have said that. Aw drat! Now I'm gonna have to ban myself. :(

15. Chee-Z

Actually, Garrett's child called the Repairman over...it was Cloud's want at the time. :rolleyes: I guess that was why Garrett was so shocked when the repairman came into the bathroom :D I also call the repairman when the TV, computer, or trashmasher breaks down. I've almost lost some Sims to those things...:(

16. surprised_by_witches

I want to lose a Sim to that! The triplets keep wanting to call a repairman but I can't figure out what's broken ... I clicked on everything I could think of and nothing said "repair." I've already had the parents fix the tub and the sink, but apparently you can't die from that, darnit anyway.

I think I'm going to have to buy a trashmaster and use it a lot ... bwah hah hah hah ...

17. Chee-Z

I have a video of my Sim Aerith dying from big screen TV electrocution. :D I'm assuming their mechanical skill levels are low...:p

18. surprised_by_witches

Yes. They're too busy raising triplets to get that many skill points, though they are rather high in logic since everyone in the family enjoys a good game of chess ... ;)

They'll never be able to afford a big screen TV though. They're lucky if they have two simoleans to rub together. Until recently Mom was the only one with a job, and she just made shift manager at the fast food restaurant ... my sims are usually overachievers so I'm enjoying the slacker life for a change.

Although the triplets themselves are straight-A students who will probably be going to private school ...

19. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I always buy a trashmasher, before I buy a TV. I hate it when sims trek out to the can on the kerb cos the little kitchen bucket is full ... :(

As for the call a repairman want. I usually allow a sim to fill that rather than go looking for the problem. Pescado wouldn't agree but it is only simulated money and easy come, easy go. (I'm the kind of player who doesn't use a money cheat except when I had a nice result on a chance card and got a 50K bonus handout and er ... spent 55K doing the house up ... :rolleyes: )

20. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

I prefer to buy the small floor trashcans. The trash compactor is kind of unreliable. I don't even really give serious consideration to TVs anymore, as they're of really quite limited use. You can watch Yummy on it, but the ADHD factor can get somewhat irritating. It otherwise either takes up a lot of space or a lot of money, is noisy, and doesn't provide you with much fun. For a fun source, I use Flamingo Kicking, the Sport Of Kings.