The mysterious case of the killer kicky bag

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Zootyzoot, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Zootyzoot

Zootyzoot Keeper of Broken FeltTips

The mysterious case of the killer kicky bag

*Firey death firey death firey death* aieeeee! I cannot tell you how irritated I am. I would like to eat my face and then the faces of my friends, family and aquaintances. And then jump up and down and yell for a while. Okay, so I haven't slept in a while.

Why am I in such ecstacies of annoyance? Well, my friends, I will tell you. When my sims play kicky bag, which I consider to be a trying activity in itself, sometimes the kicky bag becomes invisibly embedded in a floor tile, which it then renders useless. It is impossible for sims to walk on the floor tile, it is impossible to put anything on the floor tile, and not only is it impossible to delete the floor tile, but it is also impossible to delete the eight floor tiles around the flor tile infected with the kicky bag. Even with moveobjects on, the kicky bag cannot be picked up, let alone moved to a quiet corner of the lot or deleted. Whole kitchens have been destroyed by invisible kicky bags lurking in unfortunate places, kitchens of poor sims that can simply not afford to redesign their houses to accomodate hidden kicky bags.

Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, have they managed to solve it?

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Hi Zooty. I've similar and it might have been a kicky bag ... I don't think I'm attentive enough :rolleyes: ... but I have definitely had to move out because of undeletable floors. (I love the idea of "whole kitchens" being destroyed by a kicky bag though! :D

3. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

My sister was looking over my shoulder while I was typing this. I think she might avoid me for a while.

4. Sylla

Sylla New Member

Oh, so it was an invisible kicky bag that was the culprit! I did wonder about that, and now I know. Cheers Zooty.

5. garyalexza

garyalexza New Member

6. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Does he have one for deleting MP3 players? I hate those things. I made the mistake of buying them for some of my sims, but no more.

All my sims ever want to do is listen to music, and it gets pretty annoying having to cancel that action all the time so they'll do something useful.

7. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

Oh wow. I've never heard of that bug before but it sounds like quite the problem. :eek:
    I myself haven't experienced that glitch, yet, so I'm not too sure what you could do to fix it, sorry. :(

8. kuponutty

kuponutty Confused little moogle

What's the kicky bag? Is it something you download?

9. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

no the kicky bag is a social interaction spawned by the university crowd

10. garyalexza

garyalexza New Member

That would be one of twojeff's mods ... found here

Allows you to give your sim cellphones, mp3s and handhelds and also to remove them, as well as other Uni upgrades.

11. zydeco

zydeco New Member

Since University came out there have been multiple problems with the mp3's, handhelds, and cellphones. I've avoided them entirely. At this point, if I have pescado's hacks and perhaps add 2Jeff's hack mentioned in Gary's post, is it safe to use these things now? (I know you can't save the game while using a cellphone.)

12. surprised_by_witches

OK, I can't help it. Every time I see this thread title I think of a kicky bag with little legs wearing a Ninja costume.

Hiiiiii yaaaa!!!

13. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I wouldn't say it is safe. I ignore sim wants for cellphones. They dpn't get wants for the other stuff wit Pescado's awesome collection of mods in the game. ;)

14. garyalexza

garyalexza New Member

It is relatively safe to use these things, though there is an issue with saving a game while a cellphone is in use. I generally try to save when there is little happening ... I try to save when the game goes into auto fast forward when everyone is asleep, and just check that there are no visitors around.

However I just don't get the mp3 player and handheld game ... they seem pointless. I mean you can't use the mp3 player while reading or working out ... and the handheld game is silly.

15. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

Yeah, pretty much. They seem pretty useless, and honestly, if normal people really move around that much when playing a game, no wonder they get motion sickness. They need to frickin' sit still. I wonder if there's a correlation: People who get motion sickness while playing games being the same ones who can't sit still while playing them.

16. surprised_by_witches

I've never had a problem with a cell phone. Just last night I saved and exited while my sim was talking on the cell phone. MP3s and the handheld games haven't caused me any problems either, I just find the MP3 players exceedingly annoying.

I don't mind the cell phone as much. As with real cell phones, it lets sims call each other from community lots, and also allows multiple sims to fulfill their social/friendship needs at the same time in the same household. I like that feature because it saves me time. Yes, cell phones occasionally wake people up when they're sleeping but usually only if they haven't fulfilled their "call three sims" obligation that day.

The handheld games are amusing. At least they don't play them incessantly. And it's kind of nice for them to have something to amuse themselves if there are no gnomes around to kick and someone else is using the computer.

17. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

So last night, thinking that I was really smart...I decided that I would try to figure out how to take away the MP3 player from my sim-self, because it was driving me insane! She'd come home from class and then stand at the end of the lot dancing and singing terrible music! I paused the game, zoomed in close, and with the "moveobjects on" cheat, took that game right from her hands and deleted it! I went back into play and she stopped dancing...but heavens...what's that! My sim self still had music notes coming out of her ears! She walked around, going about her normal business, but with music notes streaming from her head. :eek:

As comical as it sounds, it wasn't very funny at the time...is my sim going to constantly have invisible/mute music coming from her head...is she now a walking jukebox? Dumb me saved and exited, hoping that was clear it up, but alas, she still was grooving away. Then I clicked on her and the option to listen to MP3 player was still there, even though I had deleted it. I had her listen to it, then canceled the action...YAY! Music free! From now on, I'll just let them listen to their little music and leave it alone! :rolleyes:

18. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

You can use the boolprop cheat and take away the handhelds.

19. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

I tried that too, but it only gave me that option for take-away the game...which I did! But even though my sim had the MP3 player already, it said "give MP3" instead of take away.

20. Zootyzoot

Zootyzoot Keeper of Broken FeltTips

Thanks for the help. I suppose my strategy'll have to be to just snarl and gnash my teeth for a while and then redesign the house a little.

Is there a way of entirely disabling the 'play kicky bag' interaction, I wonder?