Meditation Schmeditation

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Jiko, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Jiko

Jiko Lab Specimen Collector

Meditation Schmeditation

I finally got around to testing the meditation theory. Greg Oz, an elderly SWAT team leader with high logic, was assigned the job. I started him meditating on a Sunday morning - and it took three tries, he kept quitting to go take out the trash and things until I put him in the most distant bathroom - and he kept it up for 24 hours right there next to the toilet. I had high hopes of the levitation and/or teleportation phenomenon, with no results. Is this another Simurban legend?

2. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

Meditation is real, but it can take awhile. And you seem to be suffering from ADHD problems with your sims as well, so it may take longer.

3. Zootyzoot

Zootyzoot Keeper of Broken FeltTips

No, it's true. It takes quite some time, though. And you have to tell them to teleport, they don't go a-flitting about the lot by themselves :)

4. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Your sims may have ADHD, but you obviously don't. 24 sim hours waiting for him to teleport? I think it's time to admit you have a problem (see sims anonymous). ;)

5. Jiko

Of course I didn't just watch him the whole weekend - it's a family of eight and they keep me busy. In the process there was a death and a birth in one 24 hour period. No new commands come up yet so how do I tell him to teleport? And how long is a long time?

Re: ADHD. How much meditation have you done, JMP?

6. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

I don't generally have sims meditate, it doesn't accomplish anything really practical. Teleportation will be available after your sims hover and glow for the first time, but will not be available THAT time until you de-meditate, and then re-meditate for an hour.

So the first time, it takes about a day of meditation, and you'll know you have it when you glow and hover. But you can't teleport unless you do it again, which will take only one hour or so.

7. surprised_by_witches

Well, good. I was only teasing, anyway ... I figured there must be something else going on to keep you occupied.

I have had sims meditate for a long time but never have they glowed or hovered. I'll have to see if I can get one to do that ...

8. Jiko

Levitation achieved! No glowing but lots of hovering. When I have him stop meditating, he slowly settles to the ground. It took about 20 hours over the course of three days.

Now I'm going to see if I can get several families to do this and I'll try to get a shot. It's pretty cool.

Actually, I was asking JMP how much actual meditation he himself had actually done, as he made the crack about ADHD and unless you've seriously tried to have a meditation practice you don't know how difficult it is to get started! I understand my sim perfectly...

9. surprised_by_witches

I'm with you on that one Jiko. I start compiling grocery lists every time I try ... ;)

10. Jiko

Actually I do have a long-term meditation practice and it's worth the effort. But when my sim skips over that assigned task in order to take out the trash and clean the toilet, I understand!

I also levitate, of course.

11. surprised_by_witches

Do you now. That, I would pay to see. ;)

12. kuponutty

kuponutty Confused little moogle

I can too! With the help of Budha and Jebus.

13. surprised_by_witches

Would those be the names of the two friends that hold your arms so you can "float"? :D

14. Jiko

SBW, how much would you pay?

15. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

I levitate on a yearly basis. I have the help of an enormous silvery-white metal bird. :D

16. surprised_by_witches

Do you take simoleans? ;)