How Do I Cars

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Sylla, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Sylla

Sylla New Member

Cars

Just a quick question, is there any way to stop the work car and school bus from showing up once your sim has it's own car? They keep blocking the driveway.

2. HelloKit

HelloKit New Member

Click the car and set one of your sims as the owner. As far as I can tell, making a teen the owner of a car will not stop the school bus from coming (so you'll just have to make sure you place the driveway where the bus won't block it), but if the teen has an after-school job it will stop the carpool from coming. And of course, if you set an adult or elder as the owner, that sim's carpool will stop coming.

3. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

yep. i couldnt figure out that at first, but when i invited another sim to join the household, i bought a second car and set the individual owners and now they drive to work on their own and the carpool no longer comes.

4. afropower234

afropower234 Truly Ancient

How do you make a 2 car driveway? It never lets me make a 2 car driveway (that it two driveways side by side) so that when mom goes to work she doesn't have to moan and whine because she can't get her car out because dad's car is in the driveway and hers is in the garage. Thanks for you help.

5. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

one parked in the main drive by the road and one parked on the extension (usually in the garage). dont worry about not being able to get out because of a car in the way. the car will just "phase out" as the sims do at the end of the sidewalk.

6. afropower234

afropower234 Truly Ancient

Okthat works.... thanx and i finally got the game to make =a 2 car garage it took patience though so that it would make two garages connected to each other.

7. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

I got a 2 car garage made last night, but I had some problems getting the driveways to sit just right on the lot. It takes up the entire side!!

8. zydeco

zydeco New Member

On some of my pre-existing developed lots, even if I can get a driveway in, there is seldom room to build the garage. Is the garage simply a security or aesthetic matter? Has anyone had a car stolen yet?

9. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I haven't had a car stolen yet but the garage does require a lot of space. For one thing, you can't put a side door into the garage unless you have walls extending deeper then the driveway 'floor.' Without the door, sims go in and out through the car's garage door. That is not aesthetically pleasing to me :p .

10. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

yeah. thats one thing that bugged me when i first attempted a grage is that its hardcoded that you need a driveway AND an extension to use a garage which uses up way too much space.

11. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I hate garages on principle. Maybe I can put it on the edge of the lot and pretend it's not there. :p You know, surrounded by trees or something.

12. Lynet

Lynet New Member

And high shrubs, cans of paint, rusted car parts ...

13. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Well, yes, if you want to go for the classy look ... :rolleyes:

14. newsim2owner

newsim2owner New Member

how do you get a car????????????????????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

15. WereBear

WereBear Dancing Bear

Well, first you have to have the "Night Life" extension pack. The cars are in the buy menu under the misc. section.

16. Sylla

Sylla New Member

I have, first the thief came into my sims house, stole the good telly ,a painting and something else, then took of in my sims car.... That will teach me not to play when I'm so tired (maybe :rolleyes: ).

17. Shintoga

Shintoga Student of Simlish

I had alarms fitted to my first car, though I haven't had a burglary for ages...