Sniffle sniff. My betta fish died!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by person123, Oct 7, 2005.

1. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Sniffle sniff. My betta fish died!

Even though I'm sure this is nothing compared with Babe's loss, my little old betta fish died this afternoon while I was at school. I've had him since February, 2004. His name was Mr. George... at least he died of old age. Betta fish don't live particularly long. We had a funeral and everything, but my siblings wouldn't participate. :mad: Sigh. I'll be in mourning for the next week. And, no, we didn't flush him down the toilet--I've always thought of that as barbaric and unrespectful. We buried him in the growing pet cemetery by the side of the driveway.

2. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I'm sympathetic, Person123. My cat died this year (buried in the back yard under the daffodils.) It's been a gloomy year all around. Losing a pet is always sad.

3. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

I had a goldfish in primary that lasted for about years. It was massive for a goldfish, and his tail was beautiful. And then when I went to Wales on a school trip for a week - he died. Notice how my pets alwys seem to die when I'm away? My cat goes missing, my goldfish dies... I don't know how much more I can take. Perhaps my Mum and Lee are doing away with the pets. After all, he did poison them... :D

Sorry about your fish, - I can't type one two three as my keyboard is a little iffy at the mo. So sorry. It's tough when a pet goes to the Great Pet Shop In The Sky.

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

This thread is so sad. I still miss my cat, Bagpuss, who died 2 years ago. :(

5. Rowanstaff

Rowanstaff Kilted Freak!

Last year we lost our first rat, Gizmo, to cancer. She is interred in the raspberry patch with a headstone that reads Gizmo Ratsipoo, "A Good Rat", 2003-2004.

Now we have Sqiggles, who is also a good rat. :D

6. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

You know, I never heard of a rat getting cancer. That is so sad. I love rats - they're really cute. Loving the headstone, by the way, if that sounds okay. :D

7. Rowanstaff

Rowanstaff Kilted Freak!

Yeah, she developed a massive tumor in her abdomen. It grew so fast our only option was to have her put down.

8. kuponutty

kuponutty Confused little moogle

I'm so sorry Person 123! I lost my rabbit this year. Its so scary not knowing what's happening to your beloved pets! What if my poor rabbit is being tourmented, right now?! I can't bear to think of it!

9. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Your rabbit is just fine, Kupo. He's an innocent. No one would torment him (or her.)

10. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Sorry to hear about your pets. That's the problem with critters, they just don't live as long as we'd like them to.

11. ringleesim

ringleesim Computer Overlord

I dont want to think about my puppy dog dying... he's only 3... yet so cute : ).
    I have had a lot of goldfish (all at one time) my first one was named Goldenfins, and then over time I got fat fishys, little fishys, algea eaters. But the strange thing is that Goldenfins lived the longest... :sobs: ... I remember waking up and seeing my poor dead fishy just lying there... oh well, Im never getting a fish again, I am sticking with puppy dogs.