work extras

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by simslacker, Oct 18, 2005.

1. simslacker

simslacker New Member

work extras

I remember a previous family i had- every once in awhile at work i got a special "what to do" - like they asked you to stay late - what do you wanna do and i remember one it was like - would you take credit for another persons work - i am like 10 days in to the game and none of that yet, why???....since then i have a new family and my guy hasnt been asked one extra question like that - and can anyone point me in the direction of which are the good decisions and bad decisions....

is there a setting i have to turn on?

does anyone know what i am talking about?

thanks,
    slacker

2. WereBear

WereBear Dancing Bear

Those "chance cards" occure randomly. Whenever your sim is at work there is a chance to get one (I don't know the exact odds). The results are also random...each decision choice has a chance of being wrong or right and therefore giving either reward or punishment. The rewards are things like gaining extra skill points or big money bonuses. The punishments can be loss of skill points, demotion, or even being fired. That's why you also have the option to "ignore" the chance card and just make it go away (kind of like hiding in the washroom while the boss looks for volunteers to work overtime ;) )

3. zydeco

zydeco New Member

When I just had the base game installed, I usually got a chance card for almost every job level. I'm lucky if mine get one chance card now throughout their career. I'd love to know if something triggers them or if a hack is suppressing them. Is everyone still getting them or are they a rare occurrence for everyone with EP's?

4. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I get them all the time and I have both EPs. I think it's a random thing, though a hack might supress them, I don't know.

I've heard people complain about the scarcity of work cards for the new jobs, but Lola has received several.

Maybe it slows down after you've played a while? I don't remember my old characters getting as many as she does, and I've recently reinstalled everything on a wiped drive.

5. simslacker

simslacker New Member

what do you mean a hack might supress them?

6. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I have no idea. Someone else mentioned it. I never play with hacks. I was just throwing that out as a possibility. Every time you change the game you run the risk of something else changing too is all I meant.

7. zydeco

zydeco New Member

I have no idea what goes on in the programming to make it all work and hacks can do different things. I suppose it's possible that a hack bypasses the chance card routine or alters the percentage of times one pops up. I have no idea if this is the case, or if any hacks do this intentionally...it was just something that I thought a possibility. Since, SBW said that she's getting a lot of chance cards and uses few hacks, and I have numerous hacks and am no longer getting cards...it could be a possibility. Then again...it may be I'm unlucky about randomly rolling them. :rolleyes:

8. simslacker

simslacker New Member

ok so when you say get hacks - what is that? like you hack into your computer? i just dont get it-

9. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL I objected to the use of the word hack from the outset. In the context of this game the word 'hack' generally means a downloadable modification that changes the way the game works (sometimes this is to cheat up skills other times -- for example Pescado 'hacks' -- they just remove some of the games little irritations. For example I am currently missing his nodroptiredbaby hack ;)

Strictly speaking a hack would involve a physical alteration the game's core programming. The 'hacks' we speak of here do not do that, they are add on items that can as easily be removed as they can be added. Once gone the game plays as if it had never seen the 'hack'.