Why not the same as PC for console games

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by snoopy, Nov 6, 2005.

1. snoopy

snoopy New Member

Why not the same as PC for console games

Does anyone know why they didnt allow console games to be able to do the same things as the PC game for the Sims2? Because frankly im really disappointed that people that dont have computers but have console games arent allowed to experience the same content as they do on the PC game. Does anyone know if they will release something for console games that will allow us to experience this?

2. Shintoga

Shintoga Student of Simlish

I'm not an expert on software or porgramming, but my guess is that it's most likely to be due to technological limitation; i.e. the PS2 and other consoles probably just wouldn't be able to handle the full version of the Sims 2, so they had to leave certain features out to allow the consoles to handle the game properly. This is just my guess, but although I think it's probably the most likely explenation, I could be wrong:D

3. MegRen

MegRen New Member

I believe I heard somewhere that they aren't the same because they want people to buy the different kinds of TS2 so they can have different game-play experiences. If they were all the same, you would only need to buy one version. Because they're different, people may buy them on different platforms.

4. DuzzyGirl

DuzzyGirl **sigh** Downloads ...

My thoughts are along the lines of Shintoga's. I believe that the PS2 just does not have the capacity/memory to hold all the information that is available in the PC version. The PS2 just does not have the capacity to track all those generations many of us have going on in the PC version. I think in the PS2 version you can only have so many playable families. You're not really limited in the PC version. Also the playable neighborhoods, the PC version comes with three, plus however many you design. The PS2 version is only Freewill or whichever the other option is. I haven't played it since I bought it. I don't even remember. I do enjoy it though. I just prefer playing the PC version. I have so much more going on there right now. Well, that and my hubby has been playing his PS2 games. :D

5. kaylahampton

kaylahampton New Member

your right how they make it less stuff because of the memory and probibly the loading as well but i wish they could find a way to make console games as good as on pc like the sims 2 it is awsome and on pc and really good on console but taking out the babies and generations kinda kills the whole awsomeness on the game i mean is'nt that one of the best thigs about the sims 2 he generations? i wish it could be better coz i was kinda dissapointed with sims 2 console well i better go play sum sims 2 catcha Kayla.

6. Shintoga

Shintoga Student of Simlish

Well consoles are definitely getting more powerful with every generation. I mean, just compare the graphics of games on the PS2 to something like the MegaDrive! Who knows, maybe one day in the future, we will have consoles that can handle games like the Sims 2. :cool:

7. DuzzyGirl

DuzzyGirl **sigh** Downloads ...

I think too that one day they consoles will house more memory and speed. They take a step each "generation."

8. roy

roy New Member

With the consoles getting more powerful we could see alot of interesting features added and so i've heard there perhaps already making the sims 3. I'm not sure if thats for consoles or PC but either way the sims 3 was in the making before the sims 2 was released.

I doubt they'll make another sims for the PS2 and due to the fact that EA Games did'nt add the kinda things us console owners was hoping for i might get the PC version of The Sims 2.