Troubleshooting No Downloads Folder

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by HDFan41, Nov 19, 2005.

1. HDFan41

HDFan41 New Member

No Downloads Folder

Hi everyone...I'm a newbie! I am in desperate need of some help... I want to download some clothing and objects, and everything is just fine except... I have no downloads folder in my EA Games/The Sims 2 folder!!! eek!

Can I just create a Downloads folder on my own? Will that work? Has anyone else run into this problem?

Thanks for your help!:)

2. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Yes it will work and yes it does happen sometime.

3. resmc157

resmc157 Quantum Physicist

I agree. I just had to remove all of my downloads, and making a new folder titled "Downloads" did work. And while you are downloading something, when they ask you where to download the file to, select My Documents>EA Games>The Sims 2>Downloads. Then, go into the file, and right-click the downloaded item, and select "Extract All.." follow the onscreen instructions, and the next time you go into the game, the downloaded items should be there. ;)

4. xxbabygrl9xx

xxbabygrl9xx the best and 1 and only

i don't get it. can someone help me cuz i have no downloads folder.

5. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

The downloads folder should be in: My Docs, EA Games, The Sims 2 - In that folder there should be a folder called 'Downloads' if there isn't a folder called 'Downloads' just create a new folder called 'Downloads'.

6. Dispel Illusions

Dispel Illusions New Member

When you first install the game, you will notice there is no Downloads folder. You can create one your self by open your My Documents, EA Games, The Sims 2 and then right click in the folder select new then folder, name this folder Downloads.

Or you can have the game make one for you by starting your sims 2 bodyshop program, this will make the folder for you as well in the correct location.