Okay, Who Else Bought the Holdiay Pack?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Kristalrose, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Okay, Who Else Bought the Holdiay Pack?

I downloaded it today. :rolleyes: BAAAAAAAAA! Slap a TS2 on it and tell me how much my simmies will like it, and yes, I become a mindless sheep. :p

It's cute. I liked having a Christmas Party. I decorated a house, invited some friends over, and made the holiday roast and Santa Cookies. Hung the lights and the stockings. Santa showed up and wandered around my lot. I think he left a present under the tree for my Sim Toddler. The momma hugged him and they are now best friends. :eek: Oh, and they do kiss under the mistletoe. I thought that was nice.

I still don't think it's worth $15. Anyone else have any observations?

Attached Files:

2. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Uh oh, looks like someone forgot to clean up the dirty dishes. Must have been quite a party. :p

I haven't thrown any parties or seen Santa yet. How does that happen? Does he just show up uninvited? Do you have to call him? I've seen the Santa hat and beard in the "Change Appearance" mode and I've put up a few decorations but that's all so far.

I noticed that there's wallpaper available and one huge decorated pine tree for the yard. I think the decorations are cute (have you seen the snowman's hat dance?) and I don't mind the cost. You can pay that much for a bottle of wine to go with your spaghetti. :rolleyes:

3. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Mine's coming in the mail. Call me paranoid but I like to have a disk for backup just in case my system crashes or something.

Looks like fun! I'm trying to decide what Spike will get London for Christmas ... ;)

4. simsyth

simsyth *SIMS2 cool*

Wow the holiday thing looks awesome.
    I'll ask my mum for it but I dont count on it.
    well some of them are for download ive seen on the webiste its self.

Anyway hopefully i can get enough items to join in with your christmas frenzy.
    Or i might ask now:D (to buy it)

5. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Santa shows up when you (a) put out the Christmas Tree, and (b) bake santa cookies. AT MATY they said it seemed like a random occurance, but I got him to show up every time I did it. He shows up at night.

The second time, he visited a Christmas Party at Kyle and Peggy Sue's place. It was jammed with their family and friends. :) Poor Santa tried to use the bathroom, but everyone followed him in. He never did shoo anyone, just Ho Ho'ed and listened patiently as they told him what they wanted for Christmas and told him jokes and hugged him. All these adults loose their minds when Santa shows up! LMAO! Tina the Vampire hissed at him! Oh, and Santa left Peggy Sue a very nice stereo under the tree. :D

6. DuzzyGirl

DuzzyGirl **sigh** Downloads ...

Same here. I have a tendency to reformat at least once a year to clean all the crap off my computer. Having the disks to reinstall everything makes it a no brainer. So, I'm going to get steppin' an order it now.

7. surprised_by_witches

So does he notice if your sims are naughty or nice? :D

8. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Nope, seemed to think all my Sims were nice, I guess. :p

9. surprised_by_witches

Well, not all of mine are ... we'll have to see if Santa's fooled. ;)

10. schueys_girl

schueys_girl New Member

Hi guys! New here :) I am struggling to get Santa to come...i have decorated the house and have a mom and a dad and a toddler, but i dont have the option anywhere to bake cookies or do a family festive meal...can anyone help? Thanks xx

11. PlayLives

PlayLives Member

I don't have the Holiday pack so someone that has it can confirm but I think in order to have the holiday meal you have to select on the cornucopia. As far as the cookies, I believe there is an option for it under desserts.
    (there is a whole tutorial about the holiday pack on the BBS)

12. schueys_girl

schueys_girl New Member

I have the cornocopia, i have all the decorations i have put them everywhere...still no option for cookies or anything otherwise! Pleas help this is so frustrating!

13. PlayLives

PlayLives Member

Did you select the cornocopia and/or go to the fridge and cook meal/dessert?

14. MangoOrange

MangoOrange New Member

Can you tell me where on the BBS I can find the tutorial?

15. PlayLives

PlayLives Member

I saw a link to it in one of the posts about the Holiday Pack. I can't access the site right now but it is a guide/tutorial with pics that is listed on the exchange.

16. FinalFantasy4ever

FinalFantasy4ever Oh where in the world...

I had santa come once only...i forgot the cookies so he gave me a lump of coal the little bum hehe

17. Shintoga

Shintoga Student of Simlish

Why is it only on XP. I want to get it but I only have Windows 2000. Not happy:(

18. surprised_by_witches

I bought it, it's buggy, I'm sorry I did. :mad:

19. WereBear

WereBear Dancing Bear

I was sorely tempted, but frugality won out thank goodness. Here's a gentle pat on the shoulder and a "There, there..." for your sadness.

On a lighter note, I sure would like to see a pic of Santa going tinkle. Might make a fun avitar, d'ya think? ;)

20. Shintoga

Shintoga Student of Simlish

You have to have the white-coloured oven (don't remember the name of it, but it has 10 hunger points and is the most expensive besides the new silver one that came with Uni) to be able to bake the Santa cookies. I don't know if it works with the other cheaper ovens, I just know it doesn't work with the one that the Uni pack added. Hope this helps!