Official site gone?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Ningengirai, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Ningengirai

Ningengirai Cadwallader

Official site gone?

Maybe I'm going crazy, and maybe I missed something huge and important... but am I the only one for whom http://thesims2.ea.com/ isn't loading... at all? I can reach http://thesims.ea.com/index_flash.php without a problem, but clicking on the Sims2 link doesn't get me anything but a message from Firefox telling me that thesims2.com/thesims2.ea.com cannot be found. I even googled it and clicked official links and I get the same message and have been getting it for several days now.

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

It works for me :). Possibly a netsplit.

3. Ningengirai

Ningengirai Cadwallader

...so how do I fix this? -_- I tried everything, from cleaning my cache to deleting all cookies, to trying three different browsers, and it's driving me insane.

4. ManagerJosh

You can't do anything about a netsplit. You gotta wait till a router comes back up between your ISP and TheSims2 Server.

5. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

I was having the same problem. No, it is not you, Ningen

6. FinalFantasy4ever

FinalFantasy4ever Oh where in the world...

I had the same problem as well but it came back after some time

7. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Must have been a weekend. We SimMasters have noticed that over weekends there seem to be far more problems than during the week. (And because of this, I'm not looking forward to Thanksgiving!)

When you get that message, just try at another time.

8. Ningengirai

Ningengirai Cadwallader

Even if it's about a week now? I'm seriously considering emailing EA because I can't even access the Custom Content browser ( and neither the exchange, for that matter ), and it's starting to tick me off.

9. resmc157

resmc157 Quantum Physicist

Yeah, this weekend, the official site did seem kind of slow, but I spend most of my time at other sites, so I didn't really care too much.
    Good to know it wasn't just my imagination.

10. KatAnubis

It seems to slow nearly every weekend for the past couple of months. So if you were doing it on a weekend, rather than midweek, when you "checked" it might seem like there was a problem for a week (when it was actually something that was fine between times).

However, it may be that something else is going on. I know you aren't banned (unless you have a different name on the official site) since you aren't on the SimMaster's list of temp bannings.

If you haven't been trying on a weekend, and you can't get on the BBS or other places on the website, can you get to Customer Service? That's a way that you might be able to find out what your problem is. (Unless the things that ManagerJosh mentioned is your problem.)

11. Ningengirai

Ningengirai Cadwallader

I go by the name of Ninrahel on the official site, but I never really did anything there but download a couple of houses from the exchange and look for specific skins. If I was banned, which I don't think happened, I wouldn't know what for. I'm inclined to think that Josh's netsplit thingy happened, but a week is rather a long time to wait for a router to come back up.

What bugs me about this entire affair is that I plan to buy Nightlife, but without access to the official site, I have no access to any patches or other information I might need. Reaching Customer Service shouldn't be a problem - I can reach...

...okay, what the ... I was typing this up and just NOW I can reach the site again. @@ Somebody somewhere hates me.

Thanks everyone!

12. KatAnubis

Well, that's Murphy's Law. :rolleyes:

But it's not because someone hates you. It's totally random. (But sometimes that makes it worse.)

13. simgrl

simgrl New Member

No, it's not you, it's Firefox. The website won't open up on Firefox. I just use Internet Explorer on thesims2.com.

14. Sylla

Sylla New Member

Well, the site isn't opening for me now. Last time I got on there was a couple of days ago so I don't know how long this has been going on. :(

15. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I just checked. It isn't working for me either. I don't remember exactly the last time I tried but my internet history list tells me it was sometime last week.

16. Ningengirai

Ningengirai Cadwallader

This has nothing to do with Firefox. As I said in one of my other posts, I used different browsers while I tried to access the site, and none of them worked. Right now, after being able to view the content for about two hours, I can't see the site anymore, either, neither on Firefox, nor on Explorer or Opera.

17. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

I had a little trouble yesterday....... very very slow..... eventually did open. I wonder if the number of hits has increased to where their server can't handle things any more??

18. djrules5454

djrules5454 Wiivolutionary

Could be.

19. ManagerJosh

Probably because of the weekend and Thanksgiving Holiday, TheSims2.com is being overwhelmed with requests that normally it doesn't see on a weekend basis.