How Do I Holiday Pack, Christmas day????

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by hazlataz, Nov 27, 2005.

1. hazlataz

hazlataz New Member

Holiday Pack, Christmas day????

I have installed the new christmas holiday pack and while i have recieved all the new items i can find no way of actually having a roast dinner, wearing santa outfits, greeting santa or even baking his cakes! Does anyone know how i can have a xmas day? thanks

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

I believe you need to have a certain level of Cooking Skills as well as the most expensive Oven/Cooking Stove.

3. hazlataz

hazlataz New Member

The thing is i have full cooking skills and a swanky oven! also i still cant dress up?? :confused:

4. Shintoga

Shintoga Student of Simlish

I don't think you can dress up as him, just meet him when you bake Santa cookies. You need high cooking skill, plus: the cornucopia (Horn of Plenty), the Christmas Tree (can be downloaded from the official Sims 2 site - if I remember rightly - if the small one with the game doesn't work), and you need to be using the ShinyTyme Cooktop oven - the others don't allow you to bake.

5. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I found Santa outfits, both Mr. and Mrs., at the clothing store. I sent one of my sims shopping for everyday clothes and there they were! Later on, when I went to the mirror at home to do a Change Appearance I found Mr. & Mrs, Santa hats and hair, in addition to elf hats (with big ears). As it turned out, I didn't have anyone dress up because an hour or two after I baked Santa cookies, Santa himself appeared.

And because of SBW's problems with Santa locking himself in the bathroom :p I removed all the toilets in the house immediately after he used one of them the first time. Everything turned out OK.

6. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

To make a holiday dinner:

1) Must have 7 or more cooking skill points
    2) Must have the most expensive stove
    3) Must have the holiday conucopia somewhere in the home.

(don't ask me why our sims have to have the Thanksgiving Cornucopia out for Chirstmas, but, hey, I still have my Thanksgiving stuff out, too. LOL)

To Make Santa Appear:

1) Click on "Serve Desert: Santa Cookies"
    2) Make sure you have your Christmas Tree out, Santa does leave gifts.
    3) He shows up around 8 or so. So, if you bake the cookies in the afternoon and they are all eaten by the time he gets there, he'll leave you a lump of coal.
    4) Many people including SBW and myself, have had a problem with Santa's bladder-control issues. He must have been drinking too much egg nog before he comes to visit, because after he leaves a present and eats a cookie, he locks himself in the bathroom. :rolleyes:

7. horselovinmonkey

horselovinmonkey New Member

Hi,
    how can i get a Hoilday pack?
    What is it?

8. horselovinmonkey

horselovinmonkey New Member

ok thank you i found it but iam having trouble getting it to my game?
    i never can get my building i downloade or colothers or anything to my game..
    how do i do so?
    i have a file maide and dont know how to work it that well?
    can any1 help?

9. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

downloads go to the games download file. open simmaid2 then open that file. drag the zip, rar files into the maid and she will install them to your game. With new objects and clothes you need to install any accompanying meshes otherwise they will not show up your game.

10. Lynet

Lynet New Member

The filemaid works great unless you screw up the very first time, as I did, and give it the wrong folder name. :( There's no fixing that problem unless you have the genius of Pescado, which I do not. Anyway, there needs to be a folder in your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims2 called Downloads. It'll be after the Config folder. If it's not there when you first install the game then you can make one. Downloaded files are always zipped up in small packages. You need to unzip them into the Downloads folder. Keep an eye peeled for meshes. The good sites will tell you if you need to have them and where to get them. Sometimes they're included, sometimes not which means you have to go download and unzip them separately. The filemaid is supposed to do all this unzipping for you (unless you screwed it up like I did.)