Troubleshooting Crashing Problems with the Sims 2

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Strlight, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Strlight

Strlight New Member

Crashing Problems with the Sims 2

Sims 2 keeps crashing. It doesn't have a specific time when it crashes, it crashes at different times. One sort of crash I see says-The graphics adapter in this system expierienced an internal error. Please contact your graphics adapter manufacturer for technical support. The application will now terminate. It then goes into Safe Mode. Another type is a blue screen. I tried installing a graphics driver from Intel.com, (my chipset manufactuarer) but when I restarted, the font of the computer's writing went bigger, similar to Safe Mode. I found out from PC World that it was infected. Can someone give me the name of a Graphics Driver that won't give my computer an infection and that'll help the crashing problems or help me?

Info:-

System:-
    Operating System: Microsoft XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600)

Device:-
    Name: Intel(R) 82915G Express Chipset Family
    Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
    Chip Type: Intel(R) 82915G Express Chipset Controller

Drivers:-
    Main Driver: ialmrnt5.dll
    Version: 6.14.0010.3847 (English)

Thanks.:)

2. Strlight

Strlight New Member

There is also a box coming up saying the graphics driver experienced an internal error.:(

3. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

4. Strlight

Strlight New Member

5. ManagerJosh

That is 32 bit. If the resolution gets smaller, why not just goto the Display Properties and change it something higher? :)

6. Strlight

Strlight New Member

:shocked: Whoops didn't think of that! The problem is when I restart the text gets bigger like Safe Mode so I thought something was wrong. I'll try that

7. Strlight

Strlight New Member

Okay it worked. There's one thing I need to ask you though. At the bottom of the screen at the right where all the icons are, there is a little icon. When I put my mouse over it it says Can't find requested String. What does it mean?

[​IMG]

8. Strlight

Strlight New Member

Ah the Sims 2 just crashed. Is there anything else I can do?

9. ManagerJosh

Any particular details about the "Can not find string"?

Also, are you running The Sims 2 with the latest sims 2 patch?

10. Strlight

Strlight New Member

Well when I go to control panel, then where my driver name used to be it got Cannot find requested string. When I double click on it it a box comes up saying- Windows cannot find 'Monitor'. Make sure you typed the name in correctly, then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, then click Search.

And when I click on the icon at the bottom right it says- Windows '''Can't find requested string.'''. Make sure you typed the name correctly, then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search.

Sims 2 patch? What are they? Can you download them off a site?

11. ManagerJosh

The Sims 2 Game Patches can be downloaded at http://thesims2.ea.com/update/

As for your computer Graphics issue, I get the feeling I'm missing some information here but can't put my finger on it at the moment. Driver updates don't cause "can not find request strings".

12. Strlight

Strlight New Member

I downloaded it but it still hasn't stopped the crashing. But it has improved the performance and it's crashed less.:) Thanks anyway.