Toddler Twins

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by crybug, Dec 2, 2005.

1. crybug

crybug New Member

Toddler Twins

Ok so I finally got Twins in the Sims 2, and I was really happy. I had been thru so many births before that this did not seem like it would be that much extra work. But I was so wrong. When they were babies it was ok. But once they grew into Toddlers it was a nightmare. They needed food, sleep, a diaper change, to play with a toy, to be taught to walk, taught to talk, taught use the restroom. At least they had a -stay-home-dad and a mom with days off but still both parents needs bar didnt even get up into the high green for four days. I'm not so sure I want to do twins again.

2. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Well, TS2 is all about learning how totally unfair and grueling real life is. :eek: Yes, twins can be a nightmare, and with them I usually only teach them to talk or something like that, and usually on their last day as a toddler, so it rises their aspiration right before they grow up. And what will you do the next time your sim has twins? Leave them to be taken away by the social worker? These kinds of things just get easier as you play more and more. ;)

3. I know twins are way too much. I once had my family have twins, then adopted a baby. What a nightmare!

4. Lynet

Lynet New Member

My Emmeline (Dear Emmy) just gave birth to twins. And even BEFORE they were toddlers they were trouble. The boy was actually colicky!! I swear he was fussing all the time, even though everybody fed him, changed his diaper, gave him baths, cuddled him and played with him. He wouldn't sleep long, then he'd start crying. I've had lots of babies in my game but this was the first one with colic. At LAST he became a toddler and I could see that the poor kid's fun bar was real low. How could that be? With all the attention he was getting? :(

Anyway, he's happy now. A session with the rabbit toy was all he needed.

5. xxbabygrl9xx

xxbabygrl9xx the best and 1 and only

twims isn't that hard. one time i wanted to see how it would be with four kids and had quads...now twins *2 how would that be..lemmi answer...HORRIBLE!!

6. Narra Girl

Narra Girl New Member

how do you get twins? is it a cheat or just luck?

7. person123

Just luck. ;) Though you can download hacks to make it happen.

8. Narra Girl

Narra Girl New Member

i found a cheat it was along the lines of twinsr2cute or sumthing and you were supposed to type it in when she gives birth, so i did but no luck, i really want one!!!

9. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

The twins cheat is just a myth, as is the cookie diet and other "tricky" ways to create twins. They are just a random occurance without a hack.

10. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

And rare, too, unless you're one of those people for whom NL meant "baby boom." I've heard that some people are now plagued with twins, while I have yet to have any.

I had two sets in my old game, none so far in this one. But I'm pretty sparing with the babymaking.

My daughter's sims had twin girls on their first pregnancy, though. She has her own neighborhood, of course. (Can't let her screw up Porta de Luca!)

11. Narra Girl

Narra Girl New Member

lol Kristalrose whats the cookie diet? sounds interesting but yet slightly fattening.

12. person123

I think the pregnant mom and dad have to eat cookies...yeah. :eek:

13. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

About this time last year, there was a rumor running rampant that said the trick to having twins was to have the newly-pregnant mother eat nothing but cookies all day the 1st day of her pregnancy. :rolleyes: