How Do I Possibly Ruined My Game

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Freezie, Dec 7, 2005.

1. Freezie

Freezie New Member

Possibly Ruined My Game

Because I can't stop thinking about the sims, I came up with an idea today at school that I'd move all the families that I like out of Pleasantview, and into a new neighborhood. I had practically everyone in the bin, when I figured out it erased all their relationships with other families.

Is there a way to undo the damage?

2. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

not sure. you may just have to start over and re-establish all relationships. I have heard that sims don't move easily between neighborhoods. It's not recommended that you for example move Alexander to Strangewhatever just because that is where Bella is now living. next time you may have to ask your question first before acting. There are many very wise moderaters here who are more than willing to hand out advice. and by the way, welcome to the forums.

3. horselovinmonkey

horselovinmonkey New Member

Hi,
    ok i think as well i did somthing to my game ever time i run it as soon as i get to any loading page for my sims family it says my game has crashed and it has to shut down and now my computors funny we had to get a
    lot of new things and stuff...has this happen to any1 b/4.. is it b/ of my game?

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Hi monkey,
    Can't possibly answer your question without a lot more information such as:
    error logs
    system information (start >> run >> dxdiag)
    the nature of the changes to your puter
    etc. etc.

Basically though ... fix the puter first then ask us again ;)

5. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Frezie: Trust me on this one, darlin. Never, ever package sims and move them from one neighborhood to another. It will kill your game. Even if you get it playable for a little while, it will soon crash. The game makes duplicate files for each sim. So, pretty soon, you'll have 3 copies of each townie and 10 copies of the social workers and bunnies. :( It looks like this in SimsPE: [​IMG]

6. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Can you package EMPTY houses and use them in more than one neighborhood - as long as you use a different property name for each one?

7. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Yeah, that's fine. I'm not even sure we have to use different property names, but you'll have to check with someone more savvy in general. (I love that word)

8. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Just because when I use a downloaded bldg I change it's address in the game, not to claim credit or anything like that but it leaves the download in the log.

9. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Yes, it's not the buildings/lots themselves that are the problem, it is the Sims that are living there. If you package an empty lot and put it in the lot bin, the house will be available in all your neighborhoods, I believe.

10. Freezie

Freezie New Member

Well that was definitely not one of my best ideas. I'm still rebuilding their relationships, but everything else seems to be going okay. I really hope it doesn't crash though. :/

11. Jakethedane

Jakethedane Man of the world

Yes, if you move your characters from one neighborhood to the other, all relations are lost. FOR...EVER! But I have moved sims around for ages now, and never encountered any problems, so maybe some of the downloads are to blame?

12. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

In? :p